Honored Contributor

Re: extra ordinary life bracelet

I'm not interested in the TSV sets (the only one that caught my attention was the nautical one.) I really don't like the gemstones hanging off of them.

I am considering one of the original Extraordinary Life bracelets though. Maybe the initial or the moon bracelet.

Honored Contributor

Did you guys see the promo of the upcoming TSV items today? One of them was the new bangle sets. They showed the travel one. I have to say they look great. I do love my initial one, so I might have to order after all. I think they looked better in the promo than in the pics posted before.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Kalli said:

These bracelets are very pretty. If you wanted to add charms over time, do you have to take it to the jeweler for that?

I've considered adding charms to mine. I make jewelry already, so it's just basically finding the charms I want and adding them with a jump ring.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Gemspirit said: I make jewelry. Nice pieces~real semi precious gems, wire and beads. I used to sell at home trunk shows and for weddings. But I'm quite ill now and cannot handle that pace. Hopefully I will get back to it. I stamp all my high end pieces as the silver wire baskets, etc. don't come stamped. BUT.....it's not a secret among the jewelry making community wher e to order stamps that go from gold fill, to gold plate, silver, 9ct gold from the U.K., 9-12-14-18 and 24ct gold all the way up to 24 ct., and plat for platinum. I would never ever stamp a piece to be more than it really is. But there are people out there who will. With gemstones it's harder sometimes, especially something like moissanite is to diamonds. But an African Amethyst is harder to distinguish. There are little "light machines" where you put a dab of a specific chemical on the stone, how it reacts to it, gives you a definitive answer. The tools to do it are readily available online; as well as gem testing equipment With that said....QVC, nor any of the shopping channels would dare try to do it with all the Q.A., and legal issues it would cause! If hyou bought your bracelates here....then they are what they say they are! Enjoy your pieces and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Gemspirit thanks for the above information. I am sorry that you are currently ill and wish you a quick return to health.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

Just received the email for the TSV of this kind of bracelet. Really wanted to ordered the cross set but I see there is no Small, Medium or large size. While they say they are adjustable I purchased the initial one last year and I could never get it to go smaller for my small wrist so I returned it. Wonder why they don't make them in sizes?

Honored Contributor

116 dollars for the TSV set, I'm passing at that price. I paid 39 dollars for the initial bracelet I have. So that's hardly a TSV price to me.

Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 DogLvr said:

GF posted 6 sets of three bracelets but I haven't seen anything about it. Is there going to be a TSV?

Yes. I just got the email.
Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2015 jaxs mom said:

116 dollars for the TSV set, I'm passing at that price. I paid 39 dollars for the initial bracelet I have. So that's hardly a TSV price to me.

I'll have to agree. These are a QVC brand so the mark up seems a bit steep. I'm passing. Plus the reviews on the quality make me concerned.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the mark up is steep, after all these are actual sterling silver and the Alex and Ani ones aren't and they charge more for them. My point was that I paid 39 dollars for my one Extraordinary Life bracelet which I do really like and have worn every day since I got it. But 3 for 116 isn't much of a savings.

If they have a set that I actually loved I'd buy it, but these themes don't interest me.

Honored Contributor

These bracelets have really jumped in price. I (personally) have 3 initials, the angel and the cross bracelets and all were under $40 only a few months ago.

I have not lost any charms nor have any of them tarnished.

Our DIL collects A&A bracelets and I've given her about 10. Some are a few years old, and definitely look their age. I wasn't sure she'd like or even wear Q's version but I bought her the initials of each of her children. (about $38 when I purchased them) She loves them.

I just checked my orders. The initials were $38.90 when I purchased them in October.

J264423 (the original single versions of the TSV) were $39.92. (in December) It appears the number has changed to J296024.