Valued Contributor

Am I the only person who is thinking diamonique has changed dramatically.  I have sent back my last 4 purchases  I am not new to this jewelry but lately it looks like clear glass

Esteemed Contributor

if you haven't been happy with your last 4 purchases...i'd probably stop purchasing it...seems obvious that you're not happy with the quality...

Honored Contributor

I think the larger stones could, but when we think about the color and clarity of the more perfect large diamonds, they could be mistaken as glass, too.  

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Am I the only person who is thinking diamonique has changed dramatically.  I have sent back my last 4 purchases  I am not new to this jewelry but lately it looks like clear glass

I don't purchase a lot.  I have in the past.  I recently purchased two rings; one which I received and the other is on waitlist.  I also received two of the three-ring enamel sets which I returned.  I think it depends on each individual piece..

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

if you haven't been happy with your last 4 purchases...i'd probably stop purchasing it...seems obvious that you're not happy with the quality...

I don't think she was looking for advice if she should continue to purchase or not.  She was asking if others felt the quality is dropping.

Honored Contributor

Could it be the style of cut? Sometimes certain cuts look glass-like to me, especially emerald cut or even some baguettes.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

I don't think she was looking for advice if she should continue to purchase or not.  She was asking if others felt the quality is dropping.

my thought was that if she continues with too many returns....she might get a nasty letter from qvc....sorry my advice wasn't directed to the quality of the diamonique.....

Esteemed Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Yes...i agree.....they are looking "too big, bold, unbelieveable" to me these days and just "cheaper" looking...............when they did more classic and more realistic sizing i bought quite a bit of diamonique...not so much these days (also the stones at times are too :"bright" and look white instead of with fire colors like a real diamond)

Honored Contributor

I loved the Diamonique jewelry set in 14k gold (NOT CLAD)  that sold from the late '90's-early '20's. Plenty of gold presence then and I never had a murky stone.

More recently no such luck. Almost no REAL 14k settings, and almost ALWAYS a stone lost soon after receiving.

The "guarantee" is pretty much worthless,although I have seen people who used it successfully in the past.

Happy I have the pieces I have. They've aged well and I almost ALWAYS get compliments on them when I wear them, which I do, often.

I think the bloated price of gold has cooked what was once a good deal.

Respected Contributor

@violann    I totally agree!

I still often wear 14kt. gold pieces I bought when  Kathy L. presented them.  They are still lovely.  I was thinking of ordering some Dmq stud earrings recently but reviews were poor so I didn't buy.