Honored Contributor

Re: diamonique of yesteryear

@Carri B wrote:

I have always loved the DMQ line.  I can remember my first purchase was in 1988.  It was a 14K tennis bracelet.  We had to move from where we had always lived to another part of our state d/t my husband's business.  One night I was flipping through TV channels and I saw these beautiful jewelry pieces being shown and it was QVC!  The cable company where we previously lived didn't have QVC in it's lineup.  I had/have a good amount of "real" jewelry pieces, but I loved all of the DMQ pieces and ordered many and I still have them and wear them.  A couple of months ago I was reorganizing my jewelry box and I ran across one of the "pink ice" pieces!

I miss all of the designer pieces that have been mentioned here and it would be great to see them back again.  I've continued to order DMQ pieces over the years, but I miss the line being a real focus on the Q like others have said.  I guess it was about six months ago I was flipping through channels and the JTV channel just happened to have a CZ show on so I stopped to watch it for awhile.  To be honest, I haven't watched any of the channels that are all jewelry because prior to that, every time I had flipped through them they were either auctions with outrageous prices or just kind of junk jewelry.  The pieces I saw on the Bella Luce show were very pretty.  I've watched HSN when Victoria Wieck has been on and she has some nice pieces.  I haven't purchased from them so I don't know what the CZ quality is there.  I did buy two items from JTV, one wasn't good and the other one was really good.  I bought a princess cut style tennis bracelet that was an "opportunity buy" and it was terrible and I returned it.  I bought a ring from the Vanna K line and it was beautiful with a lot of micro pave stones as accents.  I don't watch those shows consistently so I can't speak to any other pieces.

I don't know if this is possible, but Swarovski has developed a couple of new cuts in the past couple of years.  I get their newsletters because I just like to see what they do with their different lines and I like to get their yearly collectible Christmas pieces.  I know the Judith Ripka line has a special cut from Swarovski and I love JR jewelry.  But - the prices have gone up so much and I haven't found that the JR jewelry is as good as it used to be.  I've bought some pieces but I do think that line just isn't what  it used to be.  My question is - since QVC helps with all of the process with JR's line I wonder if they could get other Swarovski cuts and the quality in the DMQ line.

I'm another DMQ fan who would love for QVC to really get back in the top quality DMQ business with reasonable prices.  I realize they have to see that their market share would support it, but I know I would be a big supporter, so I hope we see it in the future! 

Their quality is very good. I remember an interview with Colleen Lopez from maybe 2 years ago and she said she has all of her good diamond pieces copied and uses the CZ that HSN sells because they are the most realistic.

A close friend bought one that was in silver and had the stone placed in a platinum setting for her engagement ring; had she not told me, I would NEVER have known (and I know stones, lol, thanks to mom). She and her fiance decided to put the money that he would have spent on the stone into the down payment on a house. Why not? In any event, the cut and color was excellent and it passes as the real thing to those who see it.

I have 2 HSN CZ and they are lovely. : )

Super Contributor

I I hope with all the holiday shows that QVC has scheduled that they throw in some diamonique shows of yesteryear with quality, super styles, and pastel colors.  I would love to order a pretty prink pastel pear shaped ring.

Contributor

I think it would be nice if they would tell the real size of their stones.  Beware they are smaller than they say. For example a 3 carat is not the same size as a real 3 carat and they say it's supposed to be equivalent to a real stone in that size they say they take into account the cz's are heavier and adjust for that  but the stones are not equivalent.  They are consitently smaller then they are supposed to be.  I'm not talking about weight I'm talking about mm to mm.  

Honored Contributor

I use to also, watch these shows. Loved the Epiphany and silver shows that Jill did. She was so good at that. Then it phased out or else it was me. But I haven't bought jewelry here in some time. I have bought other things for sure, but not this.

Regular Contributor

Try Ebay - there are many Diamonique items on sale there.

Frequent Visitor

I have been reading some of the other post of yesteryear and I must say I agree the diamonigue of today doesn't come close to what was offered years ago...I also miss the Sunday night shows that I looked so forward to with Kathy Levine and later Lisa Mason..It seems to me you are loosing interest in diamonique because you don't have the shows like you had in the past...I loved Dave King and his quick pick shows you see I have been a qvc watcher for many years even before it was qvc...I would like to see more jewelry and less clothes, shoes, and purses....

Super Contributor

It's christmas and I have not seen any diamonique so far.  No special buys or TSV's.  That's seems a little surprising to me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I liked the diamonique in the 14k settings.  Now it's hard to even do a search for that since Q started stuffing their gold with silicon or resin. 

Do the math.
Occasional Contributor

I agree wholeheartedly!!

I have many pieces from 5-10 or so years ago, and they were BEAUTIFUL!! No one could tell the difference! NOW...The stones are AWFUL, (cloudy, brown, or gray looking, and don't hold a sparkle past the time you take it out of the box, and the settings are so WEAK, that a stone inevitably falls out, it's just a matter of WHEN, not IF.

Another thing is, that the prices are much higher than they used to be, and that would be ok, IF the pieces were made with the same quality as the QVC of old, but they don't seem to be.

The current designs are not NEARLY as pretty, and elegant as they used to be. Now, they have just become GAUDY.

Some couples use Diamonique as their wedding sets, because they may be on a budget, so where are the CLASSIC wedding sets? A lovely solitaire and band, or solitaire with a few accent stones on the engagement ring, and band. and more importantly, rings that lay nicely flush against each other. It's like they just put ANYTHING together now, so they can call it "new". PLEASE go back to the way your products USED to be!!

There is nothing wrong with raising the price, but not when the merchandise is substandard at BEST. I used to shop QVC a LOT, now, not so much. One more thing..You say that you guarantee the stones for LIFE, but if you need to exchange a piece due to the "clouding" of the stones after a while, you can't, because the piece has been "discontinued". I don't want a "similar" ring... I want the same one, and I can't even purchase a duplicate, because you no longer carry it. Very disappointed it what QVC has become, just to save money, it sems.

Occasional Contributor

I feel like they have, with that Gold "Clad" ****** they have been showing. It looks SOOO cheap.....like popcorn cheese.....ugh! Woman Frustrated