Honored Contributor

Re: diamonique of yesteryear

WOW! I thought I was the only one that thought all this!!! I have old pieces and remember how exciting was to watch the shows because the jewelry was gorgeous and so much REAL gold (both yellow and white). Now.... it looks fake. Too big and gaudy, no gold, just costume pieces. *heavy sigh* Why must all good things come to an end? : (

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It's not just the size and style of the diamonique pieces....

I just received my first diamonique piece in about 15 years (J326551, adjustable bracelet) and was astounded at the difference in the stones. These looked like cheap crystals and nothing like the stones in my older pieces (which I love).  There is a huge difference between good quality CZ's and crystals.  Anyone else notice this difference in the stones themselves?

I wore the bracelet for the day trying to decide if I was going to keep it or not, but the decision was made for me.  The snake chain on the adjustable part just broke while I was sitting at the computer.  Huh?  Back it goes.   I think QVC is definitely cutting corners resulting in a sacrifice in quality.  *thumbs down*

Respected Contributor

Yes her pieces were lovely and the ones I have look as pretty today as the day I purchased them. I think she had a 'morganite" diamonique that went pefect with her name. I also loved the Loni Anderson line which were copies (in silver and Diamonique) of the vintage pieces Bert Reynolds purchased for her while they were together. I have a ring, cross necklace and matching bracelet set in sterling that is so pretty and looks like a very pricey estate set. Again they look pretty as the day i purchased them many, many years ago. The diamonique then was fantastic and unique! Miss that.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I moved on from Diamonique some time ago, for all the reasons mentioned.  I now purchase Bella Luce from JTV.  They have some beautiful Bella pieces and some are in 10K white or yellow gold, and I prefer 10K for rings because it is sturdier.  Yes, some of the Bella is too big and "gaudy" for my liking, but they have hundreds of designs that are simple and beautiful.  I purchased a Charles Winston Bella Luce sollitaire in sterling silver (rhodium plated) that is the most beautiful stone I've ever seen (JTV item #CWB098).

New Contributor

I totally agree!

Super Contributor

Aside from the lack of style, my main concern is the quality of the CZ stone that QVC is now using.  There is something different in the quality of the stone now compared to the stones that were used back in the heyday of diamonique.  The sparkle is just not there.  No brilliance or shine.  The pieces appear very dull on the air and are just as dull in appearance when you receive them at home.  You can tell they are CZs, whereas, in the past they looked absolutely like the real thing.

Occasional Contributor

I have always loved the DMQ line.  I can remember my first purchase was in 1988.  It was a 14K tennis bracelet.  We had to move from where we had always lived to another part of our state d/t my husband's business.  One night I was flipping through TV channels and I saw these beautiful jewelry pieces being shown and it was QVC!  The cable company where we previously lived didn't have QVC in it's lineup.  I had/have a good amount of "real" jewelry pieces, but I loved all of the DMQ pieces and ordered many and I still have them and wear them.  A couple of months ago I was reorganizing my jewelry box and I ran across one of the "pink ice" pieces!

I miss all of the designer pieces that have been mentioned here and it would be great to see them back again.  I've continued to order DMQ pieces over the years, but I miss the line being a real focus on the Q like others have said.  I guess it was about six months ago I was flipping through channels and the JTV channel just happened to have a CZ show on so I stopped to watch it for awhile.  To be honest, I haven't watched any of the channels that are all jewelry because prior to that, every time I had flipped through them they were either auctions with outrageous prices or just kind of junk jewelry.  The pieces I saw on the Bella Luce show were very pretty.  I've watched HSN when Victoria Wieck has been on and she has some nice pieces.  I haven't purchased from them so I don't know what the CZ quality is there.  I did buy two items from JTV, one wasn't good and the other one was really good.  I bought a princess cut style tennis bracelet that was an "opportunity buy" and it was terrible and I returned it.  I bought a ring from the Vanna K line and it was beautiful with a lot of micro pave stones as accents.  I don't watch those shows consistently so I can't speak to any other pieces.

I don't know if this is possible, but Swarovski has developed a couple of new cuts in the past couple of years.  I get their newsletters because I just like to see what they do with their different lines and I like to get their yearly collectible Christmas pieces.  I know the Judith Ripka line has a special cut from Swarovski and I love JR jewelry.  But - the prices have gone up so much and I haven't found that the JR jewelry is as good as it used to be.  I've bought some pieces but I do think that line just isn't what  it used to be.  My question is - since QVC helps with all of the process with JR's line I wonder if they could get other Swarovski cuts and the quality in the DMQ line.

I'm another DMQ fan who would love for QVC to really get back in the top quality DMQ business with reasonable prices.  I realize they have to see that their market share would support it, but I know I would be a big supporter, so I hope we see it in the future! 

Honored Contributor

J325372- my first purchase of Diamonique/14k yellow gold in YEARS- and I'm very pleased.

These are narrow bands meant to flank a solitaire. Very small stones that work perfectly with my engagement ring, that DH finally had reset for me after fourty years of almost non-stop whining on my part.

I love these bands ring with my diamond and also with some of my good-old-days Diamonique solitaires. Happy purchase-Happy Shopper!

Valued Contributor

I would like to see diamonique pear, round or princess cut pendants in YG and WG.

I puerchased a pear shape YG in the 90's and lost it.  I really liked.

Also, the simple same shapes in WG and YG 4kct earrings.  I have a pair of 4k in YG.  Love, Love, Love.

Super Contributor

I, also, would love to see pear amd trillion shapes in pastels in more modern setting in earrings and rings.  They used to have a beautiful pear ring in pstel pink with accent clear stones in 14k that just rocked.  I still remember the item #.  I just wish they would bring back these types of designs.