Honored Contributor

Re: diamonique of yesteryear

I'm also a pre-2005 diamonique/14k gold fan. They used to show the gram weight of every piece of 14k gold, and you could calculate the price per gram.

My favorite thing to do was buy "as is" 14k. SO MUCH FUN!!

I have several pieces that I still love and wear all the time that cost VERY LITTLE. 

I sure do miss that!

Super Contributor

So glad I purchased most of my jewelry (sterling silver, gold, Diamonique) years ago, plus I inherited pieces from my mom. That was back in the day when most of QVC's jewelry was manufactured in Italy. I do like the Steel By Design line, but really haven't found much lately in any of their lines that I just HAVE to have. I save a lot of money being picky.

Super Contributor

The problem is not enough 14K pieces.  Also every DMQ show keeps repeating the same pieces.  Meanwhile some pieces online remain with no videos as they keep repeating pieces on their shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always thought the findings on the pierced earrings to be rather cheaply made.  Even back in the 90s, the clutches on the earrings were teeny tiny.  However, you were able to get a hefty Diamonique piece if you were willing to buy it in sterling.  These days even the sterling pieces are very lightweight, but then again, with rare exception, most of the Q's jewelry is lightweight.

I really hope they don't try to knock DMQ another notch by offering (and pushing) it in Bronzo.  My guess is they already have. thumbs down

New Contributor

I have been on the QVC UK website looking at their Diamonique styles and am wondering why the US site has let this line go stale.  The US styles are outdated and old and there is not much of a selection.  Some of the items I found on the UK site that I would purchase in a heartbeat are 618875, 644930, 648645, 661529, 649559, 621680, 654784, 625229, 641152, 641168, 614103, 623283, 633758 & 664020.  Would love to see life breathed back into the Diamonique line as I feel this is the best simulated diamond available.  Please consider updating and adding fresher, newer styles and having more shows.  I miss the days when there was a dedicated time slot for this product each week.  Diamonique has been neglected long enough - time to ressurect!! Thanks!! 

Super Contributor

@dolly diamond wrote:

I have been on the QVC UK website looking at their Diamonique styles and am wondering why the US site has let this line go stale.  The US styles are outdated and old and there is not much of a selection.  Some of the items I found on the UK site that I would purchase in a heartbeat are 618875, 644930, 648645, 661529, 649559, 621680, 654784, 625229, 641152, 641168, 614103, 623283, 633758 & 664020.  Would love to see life breathed back into the Diamonique line as I feel this is the best simulated diamond available.  Please consider updating and adding fresher, newer styles and having more shows.  I miss the days when there was a dedicated time slot for this product each week.  Diamonique has been neglected long enough - time to ressurect!! Thanks!! 

AMEN!!! exactly what I was saying!!!

Honored Contributor

My stepmother loved DMQ.  In the 1990's and early 2000's I bought many pieces for her, primarily rings.  They were beautiful sparkling, believable sized stones, set in 14K or sterling. (none of that awful clad stuff)

I had a pair of .50 tw carat studs set in 14K for the second piercing in my ears.  I loved them as the stone was tiny but the setting was substantial.  Of course I lost one, and was never able to replace them either in CZ or real diamonds.  Every pair I've come across (in that carat weight) in 14 yellow gold, has had a flimsy, pretty much bendable setting.

I also have a tiny 14K gold hoop earrings with 3 stones that I have worn for about 15 years.  The setting has held up and the stones still sparkle. (after being sprayed with a lot of hair spray) I have been asked so many times, even in jewelry stores, where did I buy such a well made, versatile hoop.

Honored Contributor

I wish the q still carried Tacori

Super Contributor

Going way, way back I miss the Morgan Fairchild collection.  She had beautiful designs and colors.  It was that collection that got me to notice diamonique and become a hugh fan.  I purchased alot of items from her line.  I wish they would bring back her designs, including her lavendar and pink diamonique colors.

Respected Contributor

I would LOVE for Diamonique to come back full force as in the good ol' days!  I really miss it. 

I have lost some of my DQ pieces and need to replenish.  I want the quality though, none of this dime store stuff; reasonable price too.