Super Contributor

What ever happened to the diamonique of yesteryear when diamonique was in it's heyday?  During the 90's I purchased many pieces of diamonique in a vast array of pastels and beautiful designs.  Now I'm finding what's being offered does not compare in any way to the diamonique that was offered years ago.  The stones now do not  have the brilliance and sparkle of the earlier diamonique and style and design is severely lacking.  I used to be able to purchase many pastels in many different designs.  Now what is offered is very lack luster and good styles are few and far between.  The designer lines that are now offered lack style and quality and are way overpriced.  Does anyone see the difference or is it just me?

Honored Contributor

Re: diamonique of yesteryear

I agree, and I'm also a long time Diamonique shopper.  I recently lost one of my .50 Diamonique stud earrings.  I LOVED THAT PAIR!  I've worn them since the 90's.  It was actually my first QVC purchase!!!  They were a dainty 1/4 ct per ear and incredible.  I tried to replace them but they no longer seem to carry a pair that tiny, and the ones I did find had horrible reviews about the stones and the 14k settings~!

So I have not replaced them.... I can't find anything remotely as well made or in the size I want and I'm willing to go up to .50 per ear.  I wear 4 piercings per ear and these were perfect.  But sadly, I agree.... whatever they are doing, they can't seem to replicate the quality (and I'm willing to pay the price for a decent pair!).....  Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Maybe in the past there was little competition and lots of buyers or just lots of buyers????

You can sort of measure the demand by the number of replies you get to this post. If you get a few dozen potential buyers agreeing with you, maybe that will show QVC it's worth trying to find a designer to work some magic.

I'm about 99% out of that market.  Can't even remember the last time I watched any jewelry show or seriously shopped locally in any jewelry store.

Super Contributor

I used to faithfully watch the diamonique shows because you could always purchase something unique, beautiful, and affordable.  That is not the case now.  I haven't watched a diamonique show in ages because of the lack of quality in the product and lack of style in their designs.

Trusted Contributor

I would love some BELIEVABLE 1 carat simple designs in 14k. Classic styles, not gaudy.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I have some Diamonique and would like more but the variety and quality are not there.  It's a shame.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What made them believable is the quality of the settings and the size of the stones.  Once they lowered the weight of the gold and made the stones too large, it all looked costume.

I sold much of my collection but kept the studs in three sizes. They still look great decades later.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I so agree.  I loved the older stuff.  And for me, the smaller stones are the ticket!  Of course, I understand that some love the bigger ones and that is fine.  But I wish I would have purchased a bunch of the things from back when.  I had a huge wish list and then time just got away from me!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I loved the diamonique of yesteryear and I still have and wear quite a bit of it.  It was affordable to buy earrings or a ring in 14 kt. gold and smaller stones were shown back then.  I used to order from Kathy L. a good 20 years ago, if not more.

Today's offerings are mostly epiphany (which I am not in love with).  Center stones are too big and too many little accent stones are in rings.  If you read the reviews, people complain these little stones often fall out.

Honored Contributor

I actually caught myself looking at Sam's Club's .75 Diamond stud earrings the other day.  Remarkable beauty, really nice decent setting in 14k gold..... but the $300 price tag stopped me cold (and that wasn't bad compared to jewelry stores). 

Maybe I'll just have to save my money to get a decent pair of studs....?   

(I don't like Epiphany either).....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*