Contributor

looks like Judith r. is copying lori genier

Silver & Gold Safekeeper Large Gem Box by Lori Greiner

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

OP's duplicate post .... perhaps JR has copied & enhanced the jewelry keeper, however Lori copied it from the antique vintage curio boxes - my Grandmother had several, which my sister's received. After all, it is said - Imitation is the sincerest/(highest) form of flattery.

Honored Contributor

I just read the reviews on Judith's box. It sounds like she's bringing back this box and had sold it here in the past. One reviewer said that Judith's box was larger, thicker and much nicer than Lori's.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I agree that Lori Grenier is not the original when it comes to silver safekeepers, and there was a successful seller on the Q either at the same time but I think it was before the great and powerful Grenier, who brought gorgeous jewelry boxes with the 25 - 40 year protective lining (I still have one) and the back plaque reads: THOMAS Museum Series. I can't remember the guy who brought them, but it was a whole line of really great products.

Yes, sincerity is a wonderful form of flattery....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

BTW, Lori Grenier buys her patents. She then owns them and can legally describe them any way she wishes and can make changes that will further make the product her own, however she (no matter what is said by her or the Q) hasn't ever, and does not now invent anything. She buys the patents to inventions!!

How do I know? Lock n Lock sold a Bread Keeper at one time. I bought it. It turned out to be a horrible little environmental disaster that turned all breads moldy fast. Grenier bought the patent and took off the Lock n Lock name and much later sold it on the Q herself. She claimed she "invented it". She did not. Her version was also a disaster (I followed the reports by buyers), then it went away.

Lori Grenier does not invent anything, she buys patents and then offers these items as her own, which legally they are because she "owns" them.

This verbal slight of hand regarding Grenier has bothered me tremendously over the years. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor
On 12/18/2014 Q4U said:

BTW, Lori Grenier buys her patents. She then owns them and can legally describe them any way she wishes and can make changes that will further make the product her own, however she (no matter what is said by her or the Q) hasn't ever, and does not now invent anything. She buys the patents to inventions!!

How do I know? Lock n Lock sold a Bread Keeper at one time. I bought it. It turned out to be a horrible little environmental disaster that turned all breads moldy fast. Grenier bought the patent and took off the Lock n Lock name and much later sold it on the Q herself. She claimed she "invented it". She did not. Her version was also a disaster (I followed the reports by buyers), then it went away.

Lori Grenier does not invent anything, she buys patents and then offers these items as her own, which legally they are because she "owns" them.

This verbal slight of hand regarding Grenier has bothered me tremendously over the years. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Wow -- isn't this interesting! You are right in that when she's presenting something, they always say how she's the owner of 200 patents (or whatever) but they don't say she's actually inventing anything. Of course this all makes sense if you watch Shark Tank. They are buying into someone else's invention.

Honored Contributor

Designers have been copying from each other for years in clothes, jewelry, everything. They usually get their inspiration from the 1940's, etc. Part of the trade.

kindness is strength