Respected Contributor

I have alot of sterling which I keep in a L Grenier anti-tarnish box but the pieces still need cleaning.  Best solutions or cleaning cloths?  I don't like the Conniseur cleaning clothes...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: cleaning sterling jewelry

@bargainsgirl    I use the Lux Foam Fusion. QVC sells it. It gets all of my jewelry sparkling clean.Gold, silver,costume it works on everything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Connoisseurs Silver Jewelry Cleaner in the classic red jar for all my pieces that don't have stones. This stuff really works! 

ETA- I don't use this on my oxidized jewelry either. It will take away any of that and make it all bright silver.

shopping.png

Respected Contributor

Instructions for Making Homemade Silver Cleaner:
  • Line bottom of non-aluminum dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
  • Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a quart of hot water.
  • Soak for a half hour — time may vary depending on degree of tarnish.
  • Buff with clean, dry cloth.
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone know how to clean silver jewelry with turquoise and other opaque gemstones...I have some AW and Jay King bracelets with turquoise, thulite and charoite set in silver....how do I clean the silver without harming the stones....any suggestions?  I keep some stored in tarnish proof containers, but I have several bracelets I wear all the time and they are getting tarnished and need clearning...

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove ....the safest way is with a siliver polishing cloth.  A lot of cleaners will ruin your turquoise.  Also, you could take it to a jeweler.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@ScarletDove ....the safest way is with a siliver polishing cloth.  A lot of cleaners will ruin your turquoise.  Also, you could take it to a jeweler.

@Imaoldhippie  Thank you for the suggestion....appreciate!

Honored Contributor

I have a ton of silver and the only thing I ever use to clean it is a Sunshine Cloth.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Most of my jewelry is sterling silver.  I just use a sterling silver polishing cloth.  If a ring or bracelet has gemstones in it, I use a baby toothbrush and a mild soap, rinse clean, and then dry.  Works for me.

Respected Contributor

If you have a lot of sterling silver jewelry you might want to invest in a good ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. DH got me one many years ago and I use it all the time.