Respected Contributor

Zales 10k ring actually silver? Thoughts

How common is this? I purchased a 10k ring stamped 10k when I got home after zales resized it there was a note from the company that sized it " 10k ring was actually silver" Now this ring is in the stores and online and I am sure there are 1,000's of the same ring out there being sold nation wide. Has anyone heard of this ever happening before? Could the jeweler that did the sizing be wrong. I would think that with this ring being sold 100's of stores nation wide that this issue would have already been raised with zales by someone out there in America. Now to me white gold and silver look exactly alike esp. with the plating so its not a big deal. I emailed zales corporate asking for a credit. There is no way I was priced fairly if they sold it as gold when its not.

Honored Contributor

Re: Zales 10k ring actually silver? Thoughts

I can look at a ring and see the difference between 10k white gold and SS. On the other hand , certainly the people who sized the ring should know what metal they were working with.

Esteemed Contributor

Are their 2 threads on this subject of did a lot of posts get deleted. There are answers to your question on that one.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Why did you email them? I would go back to the store with the note and ask them about it in person. Some things you need to handle face to face.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Why two threads???