Honored Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on Gem Day jewelry

I saw a few items priced at $2,000 & $3,000 and over. Would someone really purchase a piece of jewelry without seeing it up close and personal from people they really don't know or trust?

Super Contributor

Too rich for my blood and luckily I haven't even seen any...

Too rich for my blood and luckily I haven't even seen anything I am even half way tempted to buy! 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Contributor

He and the woman who has been on as "experts" were both fired from JTV. QVC hired them after they let Peyton Kelley go, two BIG mistakes as far as I am concerned.

Trusted Contributor

@willomenia@classic and to all of you,

I could not agree more. Boring, generic, you name it my concern is which jewelry brands will remain if the merger between QVC and HSN takes place...many unknowns.

I know that Heidi Daus does costume however there is nothing equivalent at the Q🌻

Honored Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was born in July so my birthstone is ruby and that IS a gemstone. Birthstone rings ARE gemstone rings. They are the same thing.

Ruby is July's birthstone.

ruby ring.gif

I'm a July b'day too. Rubies, emeralds and sapphires are considered to be "precious" gemstones. They are usually set apart from others because they are higher in value.

Regular Contributor

With Ripka's retiring and Peyton voted off the island and a cruise person telling me what is good and not I just think God for the years with Peyton.  I really want for nothing.  Now I am buying stones and designing my own pieces.  My nieces will be lucky one day.

Super Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@catlvr wrote:

@lulu2

Hi,

Yes, it's me.  Still in Utah!!!  Nothing too exciting to report, thank God!  Work, pets, life.

Oh, I bought a horse at age 54 and I've fallen off 8 times including a broken shoulder but just keep on getting back on.  I love him!!!  

I haven't been here in so long, I feel new...LOL.

How are things with you?

catlvr

@catlvr

You do realize whenever there's one of those, "Whatever happened to...." your name appears.  You really need to stop by the Community forum and say hi to everyone.

Nothing much happening in my life.  I was in your old stomping grounds Thanksgiving weekend.  London is still my favorite city.

The last week of July and the first of August, we rented a house in Ireland and Italy.  Our son and his family will join us mid vacation for 3 days in each country.

A horse? (are you now horselvr?)  A broken shoulder? Oh my.

I remember the stories about your international traveling cats!

Please DO NOT BE A STRANGER! You are missed by many of us.

Sounds like you are a woman on the move.

I do still miss London.  We are thinking about a trip in September.  Ireland and Italy sounds like great summer vacation.  Both of the travelling cats are now gone but we adopted 3 siblings (two boys and a girl) at Christmas almost 5 year ago and we also have a 6 month old Bichon Frise (that's besides the horse).  The Bichon is our first dog and she is proving to be a blast.  

Will visit the Community Chat board soon.  

catlvr

Valued Contributor

I cannot be too critical because any gem show or day is welcome.  In general I would have liked to see more gold settings, more modern settings that can be worn daily, less turquoise, more items per hour, more new items for this special day, better pricing for some of the older inventory.  The settings of rings and earrings are so overdone they become unwearable on a daily basis....a simple gold setting with no accent diamonds would be nice.  OK, now for some of the presentations.  Hosts need to stop trying to be the star of the show...it is the item we want to see and to hear about...all of the information needed to make a purchase is not explained fully.  If you use a ruler please leave it in the shot so we can see the measurement!  We cannot see a measurement when the ruler is in motion...a small point but kind of basic for a host to know.  I will continue to hope QVC maintains support for quality jewelry at reasonable prices.

Honored Contributor

Not impressed at all.  Very little was set in gold and what was had flimsy settings.

Honored Contributor

@junera wrote:

I cannot be too critical because any gem show or day is welcome.  In general I would have liked to see more gold settings, more modern settings that can be worn daily, less turquoise, more items per hour, more new items for this special day, better pricing for some of the older inventory.  The settings of rings and earrings are so overdone they become unwearable on a daily basis....a simple gold setting with no accent diamonds would be nice.  OK, now for some of the presentations.  Hosts need to stop trying to be the star of the show...it is the item we want to see and to hear about...all of the information needed to make a purchase is not explained fully.  If you use a ruler please leave it in the shot so we can see the measurement!  We cannot see a measurement when the ruler is in motion...a small point but kind of basic for a host to know.  I will continue to hope QVC maintains support for quality jewelry at reasonable prices.

@Gabidog ....and please show the earrings in a better closeup on the models so we can tell the true size.