Respected Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on Gem Day jewelry

I thought everything looked lovely - especially some of the gemstone tennis bracelets.  The TSV is pretty also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO save your money and use the jewelry you already own.

It takes time and practice to shut off the urge to keep acquiring new items but it's possible. 

Other than being in the market for an anniversary band to celebrate 5 years of marriage ( which I'm in no hurry to buy so I'll wait even till next year to get a good deal), I'm just wearing a 'new' piece of my own jewelry every day.

You may realize that what you already have in your collection is better than whatever is being offered. Seeing the money in my bank account while enjoying the jewelry I already have is a better option for me than buying new. 

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

It's a decent selection -- and I'd rather have a more subdued Gem Day than another non-stop drumbeat of vacuums, mattresses and skillets.

The missing factor is Peyton, who knows gems inside and out.  They could hire a fleet of other interchangeable hosts, but without a graduate gemologist of Peyton's expertise and experience, it's simply not the same.   

Honored Contributor

I am so glad that they devoted separate time slots for specific gemstones.  I have absolutely no interest in turquoise, jade, or opals.  

Some of the designs I've seen are quite nice, but nothing thrills me to purchasing yet.

Trusted Contributor

I remember when I was a teen that amythest, periodot, citrine, sapphire, amd garmet were called birthstones.  They were common stones that were reasonably priced.  Now they are called gemstones and the price has skyrocketed?  IMO they are still birthstones and really don't need such glorification.

Honored Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

I remember when I was a teen that amythest, periodot, citrine, sapphire, amd garmet were called birthstones.  They were common stones that were reasonably priced.  Now they are called gemstones and the price has skyrocketed?  IMO they are still birthstones and really don't need such glorification.

Huh?  Birthstones are all gemstones.  Birthstone simply means that a particular gemstone is associated with a particular birth month.  Aquamarine is my birthstone but it's a gem than anyone, anywhere can own and appreciate.  

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

It's a decent selection -- and I'd rather have a more subdued Gem Day than another non-stop drumbeat of vacuums, mattresses and skillets.

The missing factor is Peyton, who knows gems inside and out.  They could hire a fleet of other interchangeable hosts, but without a graduate gemologist of Peyton's expertise and experience, it's simply not the same.   

I miss Peyton, too. Who is that other guy?

Super Contributor

I think the quality is good but the prices are way too high - ironically - I can get much better prices on JTV (where Michele came from) and just as good of quality - QVC is out of touch with what pricing is out there.

I really loved the colored diamond leverbacks that were just on but I would only pay that price if they were set in gold - on JTV you could get the diamonds AND the gold for that price.

Super Contributor

I haven't seen a Gem Day in years.  I really fell hard for the Ecclissi panther link gem watch in rose gold with morganite...coming home to me!!!

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Disappointed with the lack of Bali gems. Luckily! HSN offers nice selection with 18k accents. Deciding between two rings.💁

I just received my Robert Manse TS in blue topaz and couldn't be happier with it.  The color is so vibrant & beautiful.