Honored Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on Gem Day jewelry

Noticed there is no in between price point. Frankly, Settings leave are undesirable. I won't spend money on unfinished gallery. Nor items sprinkled with Diamonique such as Judith Ripka. Cheap! Is the word that comes to mind. HSN prices are reasonable. Both rings under gallery beautifully finished. TSV really? Best you could offer on Gem Day? Pathic needless to say. Nothing new there.
Honored Contributor

In the 1990s I bought almost every TSV set in gold (and frequently the coordinating pieces) on Gem Day.  There were a lot of beautiful pieces at reasonable prices.

I cannot remember the last time I purchased a gemstone from QVC.

DMQ was never considered a gemstone.

Honored Contributor

@catlvr wrote:

I haven't seen a Gem Day in years.  I really fell hard for the Ecclissi panther link gem watch in rose gold with morganite...coming home to me!!!

@catlvr

Where have you been?  I remember you moved from England to Utah (?) and bought a house.

Catch us up, please!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@classic wrote:

@willomenia wrote:
My thoughts are nothing different. Jeff and the blonde lady add nothing to the presentations. He said this morning how rare rhodolite garnet is, what a joke! It's everywhere, even my local jeweler has rhodolite in their store. Imo, they put on these so called experts, raise the cost on jewelry to us us to cover their salary, and try and convince us how informed we now are. News flash qvc, we don't need them!

I'm surprised at Marybeth for saying that.. I still cannot get over the price of that rhodolite garnet bracelet.  I think they get to a point and don't know what to say anymore, and they just babble along

Hi, @classic and @willomenia!    They didn't misrepresent this gem.   The comments about rarity didn't refer to all rhodolite garnets.   They were presenting the purple rhodolite garnet which actually is rare.   

(video:  http://www.qvc.com/Oval-Purple-Rhodolite-Garnet-Sterling-Tennis-Bracelet-1080-cttw.product.J73469.ht...)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Occasional Contributor

I heard her make comment and giggled so don't think she was serious...At least that is how I took it....and so enjoying Antronella, she is just a hoot today! Love her excitment about jewerly.....

@perfumera De La Luz wrote:

Worst gem day I have ever seen on QVC. I miss Peyton.

They are showing old styles at higher prices and so far the new items are not wowing me.

I just watched for a min and Mary Beth was saying that a stone was going to protect against nightmares? Really? Is there a money back guareentee with that claim?

I'm all for the true spiritual qualities of gemstones but there is more false info than truth in that realm so please spare me by using unfounded woo woo as a selling point.

Tell me the weight, where it is mined, if  and how it was treated or enhanced...

Honored Contributor

This panther-link gemstone bracelet caught my eye. I like the blue topaz.

images.jpg

Super Contributor

@lulu2

Hi,

Yes, it's me.  Still in Utah!!!  Nothing too exciting to report, thank God!  Work, pets, life.

Oh, I bought a horse at age 54 and I've fallen off 8 times including a broken shoulder but just keep on getting back on.  I love him!!!  

I haven't been here in so long, I feel new...LOL.

How are things with you?

catlvr

Trusted Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

I remember when I was a teen that amythest, periodot, citrine, sapphire, amd garmet were called birthstones.  They were common stones that were reasonably priced.  Now they are called gemstones and the price has skyrocketed?  IMO they are still birthstones and really don't need such glorification.

I found a birthstone ring at Limoges Jewelers who still call them birthstone rings ( see below).   Thank God they're not touting them as gemstones.

birthstone ring.jpg

Honored Contributor

I was born in July so my birthstone is ruby and that IS a gemstone. Birthstone rings ARE gemstone rings. They are the same thing.

Respected Contributor

Did zip right thru the selection for the day .... yep, ZIPPPPED!

-Texas Hill Country-