Super Contributor

Your thoughts on Gem Day jewelry

Is it just me, but so far I'm not impressed with what I've seen.. The items I do like are $1500 & above; which I don't need.. A little while ago they aired a Sterling Rhodolite Garnet bracelet a  size 6 3/4  for $348.00.. I sure miss the glory days of jewelry shopping at QVC...  

Super Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on Gem Day jewelry

It looks like they purchased the inventory of jewelry stores going out of business.  I've never seen such ugly designs. Ever!

Honored Contributor

In my 22  years fo watching shopping on TV, I have yet to ever been impressed with the Q's selections of gems, always such tiny stones in very small settings, very generic looking.

Frequent Contributor

Worst gem day I have ever seen on QVC. I miss Peyton.

They are showing old styles at higher prices and so far the new items are not wowing me.

I just watched for a min and Mary Beth was saying that a stone was going to protect against nightmares? Really? Is there a money back guareentee with that claim?

I'm all for the true spiritual qualities of gemstones but there is more false info than truth in that realm so please spare me by using unfounded woo woo as a selling point.

Tell me the weight, where it is mined, if  and how it was treated or enhanced...

Honored Contributor

I usually look forward to the vault shows...only one show today. Hope to see something good.

Trusted Contributor

My thoughts are nothing different. Jeff and the blonde lady add nothing to the presentations. He said this morning how rare rhodolite garnet is, what a joke! It's everywhere, even my local jeweler has rhodolite in their store. Imo, they put on these so called experts, raise the cost on jewelry to us us to cover their salary, and try and convince us how informed we now are. News flash qvc, we don't need them!
Honored Contributor

I bought a purple rhodolite garnet tennis bracelet from ShopLC for less than $150 and it's very nice. Q's prices are nothing special. I'll look but won't buy from them.

Super Contributor

@perfumera De La Luz wrote:

Worst gem day I have ever seen on QVC. I miss Peyton.

They are showing old styles at higher prices and so far the new items are not wowing me.

I just watched for a min and Mary Beth was saying that a stone was going to protect against nightmares? Really? Is there a money back guareentee with that claim?

I'm all for the true spiritual qualities of gemstones but there is more false info than truth in that realm so please spare me by using unfounded woo woo as a selling point.

Tell me the weight, where it is mined, if  and how it was treated or enhanced...

Thank you for expressing my exact sentiments.. I want details of the item; describe color,  country of origin weight, etc

Honored Contributor

Disappointed with the lack of Bali gems. Luckily! HSN offers nice selection with 18k accents. Deciding between two rings.💁
Super Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
My thoughts are nothing different. Jeff and the blonde lady add nothing to the presentations. He said this morning how rare rhodolite garnet is, what a joke! It's everywhere, even my local jeweler has rhodolite in their store. Imo, they put on these so called experts, raise the cost on jewelry to us us to cover their salary, and try and convince us how informed we now are. News flash qvc, we don't need them!

I'm surprised at Marybeth for saying that.. I still cannot get over the price of that rhodolite garnet bracelet.  I think they get to a point and don't know what to say anymore, and they just babble along