Respected Contributor

Re: You should have seen Chuck trying to sell turquoise collector knives

@chrystaltree wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

yea the previews for the 9:00 central show said he was going to showcase an inlaid knife last night. i think it was Santa Fe Style or something. i watched for a few minutes but the items they were showing looked really really cheesy. would bet many of those stones are just thin layers of material and will fall right out of the settings. 

You would lose that bet.  I was a doubter to way back when I first saw it.  And then I bought a piece, I honestly thought I would have to return.  Wrong.  I raced on line to buy accompanying pieces.  Perhaps you confused them with some other shopping Channel.  

@chrystaltree   yea that was then.  LC may have been decent a few years ago but i've had to return most jewelry items i've ordered. they got a new guy on  their Mahogany Row recently.

i had to cc 4 of their India brass to get them to remove my cc info on my profile because i could not remove my personal form of payment  myself. the first order i placed was by phone and that cc info is embedded into your account!  you have to get their CS to remove it but they do not answer the phones! oh yes i did get multiple calls from their Austin CS managers after cc:ing the Vhaib Global gang.

And you really don't know the reviews because they only allow 5 stars. Sajen Silver just offered a bunch of designs, i had a small credit.  yea i ordered a ring CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP! Moonstone yes slivers. what a joke.  I only kept the ring because i don't trust the returns the credits are all over the place, they don' t credit return shipping for defective items.

Almost all their jewelry is made in India. Always always Size up on their rings. Stones not as advertised.  CS issues.  Read the Forums.

Chuck being there won't change anything. Their backoffice is seriously flawed and NO I am NOT CONFUSED!

Respected Contributor

I am still confused. It sounds like they are talking about shopping channel called LC that sells knives. Never heard of this channel. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I am still confused. It sounds like they are talking about shopping channel called LC that sells knives. Never heard of this channel. 

That's because it's small compared to other shopping channels but it's been here in the USA for something like 15 years.  The sister channel is much larger, it's in the UK.  I do believe it's owned by an Indian company and the shopping channels are a small part of a company that is jewelry manufactuer.  They make jewelry for department stores and shopping channels all over the world, which is why Chuck Clemency ended up there.  He said that was the company that has been manufacturing his jewelry for 15 years.  Also his son is show host there.  They mostly sell jewelry but like in a department store, there is wide range of prices.  You get what you pay for.  Right now, I am looking at a $2000 ring in AAAA tanzanite and Vs2 diamonds.  2.5 carats.  But one day a week, they do have sell everything for under $10.  I'm sure some of that stuff is on the shoddy side.  In the past 5 years, I have filled 2 big jewelry boxes with things I could never afford from other shopping channels.  I even have a pink diamond ring.  They are expanding.  Selling more things, other than jewelry.  The collector knives were part of the western jewelry line.  Silver and turquoise handles, hand made leather sheaths.  Really gorgeous for those who collect.  The aren't available every where but they are on Youtube, there's app, they are on FB etc.  Today is all Tanzanite so I'm popping in and out, hoping to scoop up a pair of AAA Tanzanite stud earrings.

Honored Contributor

We do not get the LC Channel on Comcast. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if Chuck has moved his famiy to Austin for his new job? He turns 68 this month. 

Respected Contributor

I've never watched this channel more than a few minutes, due to the silliness & games with the pricing.  Show me the item & tell me how much & if I want it, I'll buy. 

Wasn't Chuck a vendor at ShopHQ?  Is he a host on this channel now?

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I've never watched this channel more than a few minutes, due to the silliness & games with the pricing.  Show me the item & tell me how much & if I want it, I'll buy. 

Wasn't Chuck a vendor at ShopHQ?  Is he a host on this channel now?

Yes and yes. he was a vendor on SHQ for over 25 years. 

Regular Contributor

I thought Chuck was going to be a vendor on ShopLC, but apparently he's a host! The other night he was selling blankets! I noticed the quality of their rings are you,g down! I ordered a few rings and had to send them back due to poor workmanship. Also their prices have skyrocketed this past year. I don't think their prices are any better than any of the other shopping channels who sell jewelry out there and I can't watch any of their hosts for too long! Plus that smack down music oy vey! ShopLC is a train wreck!
Trusted Contributor

@catnappurr  Chuck could sell ice to those who live in the Arctic!  He has the perfect personality to sell anything. When I would watch him on ShopHQ he would match the same enthusiasm whether he was selling a small jewelry item for $39 (remember his power bead bracelets) or an expensive piece over a thousand.  He's a natural in front of the camera.

Respected Contributor

I love Chuck and I love LC.  You can stream it by searching ShopLC and hitting Live TV.  I think it is 24/7.