Honored Contributor

Re: Years ago Q sold _____ Sapphires from ? down under. Anyone recall the name?

@banned again wrote:

1997_01_27.jpg

Australian Sapphire premiered in 1996 and QVC broadcast a 3-hour Australian Sapphire show with host Jane Rudolph Treacy on Tuesday, January 28, 1997 from 9am-Noon ETher 35th birthday.

@CaChica  I'm able to help collectors with some information but if you want mineral identification you should be paying a mineralogist or gemologist to do so.

I have that ring!!!  I remember buying it during that show too.

Respected Contributor

Those were from Australia for sure and unfortunately too dark and therefore inferior quality.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some time between 1997 and 2000, my mother bought a 14K Australian sapphire ring from QVC, pre-internet for her. She doesn't have the invoice but remembers the ring was $210, probably before shipping and handling. All she remembers about the show is that it was on "in the middle of the night", so after midnight, and doesn't remember if it was an all Australian sapphire show or just a random mix of jewelry. Below is the ring. It's not nearly as big on the finger as it appears in the photo. It's a beautiful shade of blue, not that dark navy stuff.

DenimandCo, can you pull a graphic of the ring out of your magic hat?

sapRingCollage.png

Respected Contributor

Hi @lopsie2 I can't find any information on your mom's sapphire ring right now. Most of the pieces I've been looking at lately have been from 2002-2003. You certainly gave me a lot of infomation to use to track it down though; I'll let you know if I find anything.

Contributor

@banned again wrote:

Hi @lopsie2 I can't find any information on your mom's sapphire ring right now. Most of the pieces I've been looking at lately have been from 2002-2003. You certainly gave me a lot of infomation to use to track it down though; I'll let you know if I find anything.

Thank you so much!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again wrote:

1997_01_27.jpg

Australian Sapphire premiered in 1996 and QVC broadcast a 3-hour Australian Sapphire show with host Jane Rudolph Treacy on Tuesday, January 28, 1997 from 9am-Noon ETher 35th birthday.

@CaChica  I'm able to help collectors with some information but if you want mineral identification you should be paying a mineralogist or gemologist to do so.

I have that ring! It's absolutely beautiful. It was my dad's birthstone and ended up being a part of my mom's wedding "set", along with a stunning diamond band ring that my dad had made for their 40th anniversary. She wore the diamond band, this ring, her tiny, thin wedding band and engagement ring all together. I inherited all of it, and wear all of it except for her actual wedding band together on my right hand. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~