Honored Contributor

Re: YIKES! look at those prices!

wrote:

On the fence for 18K Art D' Oro bead bracelet.  Love satin finish and those beads for either white, yellow or rose are gorgeous.  Thinking hard on that one.  Prices are about the same on Gem Shopping.  No biggie alleged  "sale".  The 14K I could afford better, but I hate 14K so much.  It's like costume jewelry.   No way trying to get around that.  I crave 75% gold....

@songbird 14K gold has its place if you need strength and durability. It’s better for a chain holding a heavy pendant, a ring that will get banged around or a bangle that would dent. 18K is fine for link necklaces w/o pendants, chain link bracelets and earrings or pendants.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

On the fence for 18K Art D' Oro bead bracelet.  Love satin finish and those beads for either white, yellow or rose are gorgeous.  Thinking hard on that one.  Prices are about the same on Gem Shopping.  No biggie alleged  "sale".  The 14K I could afford better, but I hate 14K so much.  It's like costume jewelry.   No way trying to get around that.  I crave 75% gold....

@songbird 14K gold has its place if you need strength and durability. It’s better for a chain holding a heavy pendant, a ring that will get banged around or a bangle that would dent. 18K is fine for link necklaces w/o pendants, chain link bracelets and earrings or pendants.

Heavy gram weight beats that.  I have a thick, solid 18K Omega (purchased eons ago) over an ounce in weight and still holds up.  I interchange pendants (not hollow) and it wears beautifully.   I have a couple of bracelets with heavy gram weight.  18K is dense.  You know you are wearing it..  I was born and raised in Italy.  I look down on 14K the way Americans look down on 10K.  

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  I checked out some of the pieces.  They are WAY too righ for my blood....

viewer 45

Valued Contributor

Yikes totally agree. I am very happy with the 14K "solid" gold pieces I own and purchased many years ago that are classics.  I sure can't afford these prices !!

Respected Contributor

It looks like I’m of the same opinion as many here. I love 14k but not really willing to pay over $1000 for a substantial piece. Thank goodness I don’t really long for 18k as 14k is pretty expensive already!