Valued Contributor

YIKES! look at those prices!

Most of the GOLD RUSH seems more like gemstones than GOLD- oh for the good ol'e days when you could get a really good weight ring or even a chain for $100 or so!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: YIKES! look at those prices!

I used to buy a couple pieces of gold during the gold rushes---but now I'm not into that anymore and have sold all but a few basic pieces. I do like to watch tho. And of course the prices are way beyond what they were. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree @sipp.....I as well will watch and drool but not buying, SADLY !

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sipp wrote:

Most of the GOLD RUSH seems more like gemstones than GOLD- oh for the good ol'e days when you could get a really good weight ring or even a chain for $100 or so!!!

it doesn't help that they offer so many BIG AND BOLD pieces that of course cost alot of money.....Or that they present mostly designer pieces which you are paying for the name...........years back the pieces were finer, and it wasn't all about the designers.

Honored Contributor

So glad I have some old gold pieces from QVC, they were such bargains compared to now and the quality is superb. Still wear them all the time.

This Adi Paz diamond accent cuff is a one day only and it's still almost 900. Looks beautiful. They just showed some pretty filigree ball stud earrings from Adi Paz for $99.

j354241.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Regular Contributor

QVC stopped carrying quality gold items some time ago. Most of their jewelry now looks cheap or gaudy. Items are hollow or light weight, and the few pieces that are solid and have gram weight are priced rediculously high. QVC quit trying to act like you all are still giving customers quality gold at competive prices. Customers know the difference. Look at the average customer ratings for your gold and gem jewelry. Affinity, and other higher end gold and gem brands have not been getting good reviews for some time, and yet you continue to sell only their products. Wake up! The majority of jewelry buying customers aren’t happy.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl  You sound like me - when gold was affordable I really bought myself a lot of great pieces. I was really into (yellow) gold then. I'm back to being a white metal woman who like you Ms wagirl, sold all of it except a few choice pieces.

I scanned the items 2 days ago with what was shared on the site here and couldn't believe the prices I was seeing. Many and I mean MANY pieces well into the thousands of dollars. WOW!

DId you ever go window shopping when you were young? We did. I'm window shopping today and just like then, cannot afford anything in that window today either!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  nice memory....

Honored Contributor

Hi Pink---yes I did and still do go window shopping--love all the shiny, sparkly things in the cases but have no desire to own any of them. I am a white metal girl but have a few yellow/rose gold pieces. Love the artisan things the most---all those talented hands making beautiful things---love that!!!

Honored Contributor

On the fence for 18K Art D' Oro bead bracelet.  Love satin finish and those beads for either white, yellow or rose are gorgeous.  Thinking hard on that one.  Prices are about the same on Gem Shopping.  No biggie alleged  "sale".  The 14K I could afford better, but I hate 14K so much.  It's like costume jewelry.   No way trying to get around that.  I crave 75% gold....