Super Contributor

Re: Wow, this board has really changed I sure miss the way it used to be.

On 1/28/2014 ellaphant said:

I watched a bit of the Gold Rush, however I have enough gold jewelry and don't want or need any more. Glad I bought when it was much more affordable. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yeah, but back when gold was much more affordable, I had young children and buying jewelry wasn't a priority of mine. I couldn't really afford it either. I'm so glad though that every little once in a while I'll catch a killer deal and snatch it up.

Contributor

I used to enjoy this board when it focused on QVC. However, it seemed to become a forum for many unrelated topics. Personally, I think that people with an ax to grind should set up their own web sites. For me, it got really unpleasant when some people set up a forum on a particular baseball team. If you did not totally agree with them, some of them got very nasty and, sometimes, threatening. It totally turned me off this board. That forum should not have been allowed.

Trusted Contributor

Overall, the board changed about five/six? years ago - maybe a bit more than that. It seemed that when QVC changed the format of the board something weird happened. This used to be so much fun. You could get information on generic pieces (not just Ripka), and there was a lot of positive input. Now it just seems like groupies of certain products and a lot of negativity.

I came here today looking for some reviews of Gold Rush. I'm sure I won't find much. I think people got disgusted. You could post the most innocent comment about a product and get trashed.

Sad but true. It's the unfortunate offshoot of the anonymity of the internet. People with issues have ruined it. There is no more excitement like there used to be about upcoming events, and sharing of product information in a good way.

If Facebook is where QVC is focusing, count me out. I don't like their constant changing of privacy settings and don't like that everything is connected to FB. I'm pretty much finished with it.

Trusted Contributor

dperry: I thought the Gold Rush shows were great. I have never bought gold. I received a few small pieces as gifts when I was in my 20's and the prices were good. I never had much interest in jewelry until the gold prices were so high I couldn't afford it.

I actually ordered two pieces - both Byzantine and on Advanced Order. I'm excited and hope they meet my expectations.

I had fun watching most of the day and have never watched any Gold Rush shows before this year.