Super Contributor

Re: Wow. Today (10/2) is Creede Silver Day and not one current post about it?

Zero interest

Honored Contributor

I did watch but I am waiting for Jai and Michael Dawkins who will be on next week.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The smaller things are selling out. I think style of the TSV necklace is not going over well despite the tremendous gram weight. Perhaps it looks too Middle Eastern? It could be because it's Turkish made instead of Italian. Neither size sold out. Turkey made a career out of the Byzantine. The necklace is just another rehash of the Byzantine. Impressive weight though. You can never complain about a cost of silver piece when a necklace is 50 grams. I really like the bracelet version better. I think it's sharp looking.

Regular Contributor

Personally, I have been watching the Liquidation Channel and have gotten some very good deals! Got a real Ruby bracelet for 89.00 and it is beautiful! Plus I have fun with the auctions.i really don't need to buy anything on a whim anymore, but have gotten some bronzo and like it. Would rather save my money for cruises!
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 stevieb said:
On 10/2/2014 GinaV24 said:
On 10/2/2014 stevieb said:

They've been going down the crystal path now for a while, especially, it seems with the Vicenza line of formerly fine Italian jewelry but that is now run of the mill costume jewelry... Not to worry, I'm sure they'll roll out their own version of faux diamonds before all is said and done... If not, maybe it's because they already feature it with virtually every other line they present.

As for the whole 'jewelry doesn't sell' mantra... I've been saying for a while now that they seem intent on making this a self-fulfilling prophecy... If they want to know why jewelry doesn't sell, they need look no further than what their buyers are putting out there. No matter how wonderful <em>they tell us</em> their buying team is..., I think many of us love our jewelry but we aren't a captive audience. If they don't want to offer us a better variety, then yes, of course, we'll find it elsewhere and no, it won't sell here.

Oh brother, and now they're presenting colored glass... All right. It's official. I give up...

Yes, self-fulfilling because the buyers seem to have no imagination. I am not a big fan of the crystal deal - just not for me. I was very disappointed to see Hagit's designs in the preview with colored glass in them - really? That just boggles my mind and I'm not going to buy those. Oh well, drusy, then spinel, followed by crystal and now colored glass. Nothing to see here.

OH! Now don't you dare forget Sleeping Beauty... And incidentally, the news is that the mine is STILL CLOSED!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

My gosh, stevieb, how could I have forgotten that?! They say it over and over again.

I hear you about the gemstones. Certainly there are other shopping channels selling gems for better prices and so I look there first, if I'm shopping for it. Congrats on getting an opal - elsewhere!

Honored Contributor

It was a snooze fest.

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 Bird mama said:

I thought I saw a toggle bracelet in a preview (via email) from QVC. It's not listed anywhere today {#emotions_dlg.confused1}. That'll teach me to write down the item number {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Well at least you GOT the preview email... A few weeks back, according to CS, the 'system', the whacked out mess that it is...., changed my email preferences and even though CS changed them back, I seem not to be getting the previews anymore... Of course, more times than not, it isn't much of a loss...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I thought I saw a toggle bracelet in a preview (via email) from QVC. It's not listed anywhere today {#emotions_dlg.confused1}. That'll teach me to write down the item number {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

If you mean J337339, it's in the online only section. I thought it was pretty unique, although it's an 8-1/4".

Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 stevieb said:

Well at least you GOT the preview email... A few weeks back, according to CS, the 'system', the whacked out mess that it is...., changed my email preferences and even though CS changed them back, I seem not to be getting the previews anymore... Of course, more times than not, it isn't much of a loss...

The emails could be going to your spam folder, since there was a change you may need to update your email provider preferences.

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 gardensla said:

What gives with all the crystals anyway? Is Diamonique now so expensive that they have to substitute crystal for it? And not even Swarovski; just generic cut glass.

How disappointing that its come to selling crystals. And it has also come to selling colored glass. I guess DMQ is to expensive .