Occasional Contributor

Wow! Am I the only one happy with my John Hardy purchase?

I'm a little surprised at the storm of negative comments! ITA about the high prices, but it's certainly not the only overpriced line at the Q. I received the SS/gold cross yesterday and it's truly lovely. Very intricate, and it's beautifully carved and finished. I read several comments about the oxidation of the pieces; the product image on the website is VERY deceiving. The pendant I received, unlike what was pictured, has NO oxidation whatsoever. It's just silver with gold accents. The background of the piece has a more matte silver finish to it, which only makes the polished carving stand out more. This is one case where the jewelry looks much better in person. I don't think the hundred bucks I spent on the pendant was outrageous, especially given the cost of silver and gold these days. The $600 and $900 bracelets that were presented, though, were just ridiculous. I don't think I'll buy any more Hardy pieces from QVC, but I'm happy with the value of the one piece I purchased. It matches well with the few other Hardy pieces in my collection.