Honored Contributor

Re: Would you buy a "real" diamond thats lab created?

Doesn't "lab created" mean they are not real as in not natural?  I know that's true for gemstones...that created means they are good copies but not real.

Me, I'll stick with moissanite.  I love it!  I have pieces going back 20 years and they are still a bright gorgeous white and look better than all but the very very best diamonds.  

Honored Contributor

I've seen moissanite in the jewelry store and on a person and both times it looked yellow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbzMoissanite comes in different grades and has only gotten better.  I will never again purchase diamonds for ethical reasons as well as the perceived value.  A two carat round solitaire top grade moissanite ring set in platinum or total two carat studs will float my boat any day of the week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lab created, lab grown, whatever it is is fine with me. If it looks good and not cost a bloody fortune, why not? I am not a diamond girl; never have been. If I want that type of look , I have the faux stuff that looks identical to diamonds. Would not spend my $$ on Moissinite either. I would rather have a nice emerald or tanzanite if I had a ton of $$. My nephew spent $15,000 on a diamond for his wife; not sure she wears it much---- would have been a great amount toward a house--but to each their own.

Honored Contributor

Frankly, knowing why diamonds are really "rare" turns off my desire to be slathered in them.  I don't like that one company controls their distribution.

And truthfully, I'd rather have a beautiful fake (set in "real" metal though) than a qrappy real.