Honored Contributor

Re: Would you buy a $7000 ring from the Q?

Since gemstones always vary it would be impossible for me to purchase a $7000 ring from QVC. The same parcel of diamonds can vary in cut so choosing two that match even if the same color and clarity ...you need to see them.

An 18k gold bracelet maybe but anything with gemstones, it is risky purchasing and needing to return it. Just try getting your money back and the post office loses it. It would be months before you would ever see your money back no matter how much you insured it for.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Since gemstones always vary it would be impossible for me to purchase a $7000 ring from QVC. The same parcel of diamonds can vary in cut so choosing two that match even if the same color and clarity ...you need to see them.

An 18k gold bracelet maybe but anything with gemstones, it is risky purchasing and needing to return it. Just try getting your money back and the post office loses it. It would be months before you would ever see your money back no matter how much you insured it for.

Agree completely with the "transit" part of the QVC experience.  I've had two packages "lost" on the way to me (within the last couple of months). Should I not be happy with the purchase, returns take forever to process.  I'd be a wreck worrying about the return getting to them, getting processed correctly, and getting refunded promptly.  Totally not worth the hassle.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy a $7,000.00 ring from any shopping channel.  The only place I'd buy a $7,000.00 ring is my trusted local jeweler.

Trusted Contributor

@Calgal2too wrote:

Nothing against QVC.   Would you make that kind of investment with an online shopping network?

there was a paraiba and diamond 14k ring on just now

NO!

Trusted Contributor

I have bought a very nice diamond ring on the internet from an antique dealer in New York and I paid $4,000 for it.  It was everything the jeweler said it was and more.  I had my hometown jeweler look it over and he agreed with everything the buyer stated.  I was very lucky too I know as I did worry about it getting to me but he did purchase insurance for the ring.  

Respected Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

@Calgal2too wrote:

Nothing against QVC.   Would you make that kind of investment with an online shopping network?

there was a paraiba and diamond 14k ring on just now

Would I buy ocean view property in Arizona? Woman LOL