Honored Contributor

Would love a Tie Dye Diamonique RING

I'd love, love to see a nice Tie Dye Diamonique Ring!

A solitaire, in real yellow gold or sterling.

No halo, or small stones. 

Just one nice stone.  Maybe a choice of cut(s).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Re: Would love a Tie Dye Diamonique RING

If you can't find what you want you could buy a stone and have a jeweler set it in the setting of your choice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Huh?  What is tie dye?  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I checked out da internet pics.  Would the stone or the band be tie dye?

Honored Contributor

It's a coating over the stone that reflects different colors...similar to tye dye. I've never been fond of coatings and I wouldn't buy it but that's me.  If someone likes it, wear it with joy.

Honored Contributor

QVC just introduced their diamonique tie dye stud earrings in March online.  They just got a presentation last night during the popular Fashions Night In shows.  They are apparently quite popular since they are now only on Waitlist.  Item # J366238.

So I'd guess a matching ring, bracelet, and/or necklace will be coming soon.

diamonique tie dye studs.jpg

Honored Contributor

The color appears to be pie-shaped, meaning even edges, not blended.  I think they should be aiming for the appearance of true gemstones, like ametrine (amethyst and citrine) and watermelon quartz, (red and geen).  Not sure if the second one appears naturally or not.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the earrings looked pretty, but the reviews weren't great.  Some said they were heavy and in person didn't look as they did on air. I may wait until they bring more of this look in and then give it a try. I've always been fond of multicolor and tie dye!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wonder how the finish would hold up on a ring.

Honored Contributor

Looks like something called mystic topaz to me----I have an earring /necklace set called mystic fire topaz from years ago that is similar only an all over color and not divided--love it and wear it often. It is a treatment that is done to clear topaz I believe. I have a twilight color one too, which is a salmon pink----. JTV has alot of those type of topazs in many mystic colors---I would buy them in a heart beat.