Valued Contributor

Re: Would You Wear a $2000.00 Gold Coin Pendant?

Yes I would but I would be very careful about where I wear it.  I have one worth more than that.  Right now its in a safety deposit box because I took it there when we went on vacation.  Its a big piece.  I'd never take it traveling and only like to wear it in the winter so when I'm out on the street and its covered by my coat.  Would be afraid someone would pull it off.  Things like that happen in large urban areas. 

Respected Contributor

Well, l don't want to sound snobbish, but heck yes!  I'll wager that many posters' wedding sets are more than $2000.  I know mine is.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

Yes!

Esteemed Contributor

I have a large gold coin (at least size of silver dollar) in bezel on long 14k gold chain.  It's out away in my clost, haven't worn it for years; maybe it's time to pull it out!

Honored Contributor

Just insure

Honored Contributor

krugerrand.jpg

$2499 on evine. stefano oro. the coin is 22K and the frame is 14k.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I agree. If you have beautiful expensive jewelry wear it and enjoy it. My husband and I were out and about the other day and I had 3 women complement me on my diamond engagement ring. It's not my original one. My husband gave it to me for our 30th anniversary. It's 3 cts so of course we have it insured.

If I'm going to be out and about by myself I usually only wear my diamond wedding ring. But when I'm with my husband I wear my engagement ring, diamond bracelet with my watch, 2 diamond necklaces, one is 16 in and the other is 18 in. They're my husband and our daughter's initials. I wear my diamond hoops and diamond studs in my second piercing. And I wear a couple of gold bracelets on my other wrist. When I'm with my husband I just feel safer and pile on my jewelry. Lol!

I do recommend having an insurance rider on your most expensive pieces. It doesn't cost that much and it's so worth it if you were to lose a very costly piece.

If you have a heavy gold coin invest in a heavy, sturdy chain for it.Wear your jewelry and enjoy it.

Have a great day girls.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yes, depending if is not chunky, but also no, if is the center of attention of some thief. In that case, I would put it with my coin collection, and not risk my neck for a piece of metal.

Frequent Contributor

Nope, I'd sell that baby!

Honored Contributor

no way!!