Honored Contributor

Would SOMEONE please tell Ms. Killinger. . .

Would someone please inform Ms. Killinger that the Pope is NOT the leader of the Christian community of the globe?  Some Christians out there belong to denominations that do not have a Pope.  I'm not saying anything against the Pope, I wouldn't do that, I'm sure he is a man of great faith and I don't question people's faith as a rule.  But he is not the leader of ALL Christians.  

IF QVC is going to have preaching on the shows, the person leading the service should at least understand the different audiences.  And yes, there have been complaints about such statements from more than one group.  I just have such mixed feelings about these things of hard sales and faith.  I think this has totally gotten out of hand. 

I never watch these, but flipped over to see what was on and she was saying this.  I ran it back several times because I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

New Contributor

Re: Would SOMEONE please tell Ms. Killinger. . .

I totally agree.  It has become overly religious and sappy with all the "blessed days" and forced "Merry Christmas"... And Shawn is one of the worst at that. I haven't watched the Q in months. I shop their site but can't bear to watch any more

Trusted Contributor

Instead of asking someone to do it for you, why don't you just post it to her on her QVC blog or her Facebook page ?

Honored Contributor

@redhead78 wrote:

Instead of asking someone to do it for you, why don't you just post it to her on her QVC blog or her Facebook page ?

I just happened to catch this.  I hardly ever see her except with Isaac, but have read posts recently about this selling of items of faith.  I am surprised that she doesn't know not all Christians follow the Pope, and she seemed surprised the Pope speaks Latin.  Really?  Did I not hear her right there?

So, I just wish QVC would respect all faiths and stop the hard sell.  Am I going to tell her?  No.  But I'm just sort of surprised QVC condones this sort of thing. 

Respected Contributor

Is it really so awful that she, or any host, speak of faith in general as a positive thing?  She's not pushing any religion on any one.  I never hear her "preach" as you put it.  She talks about faith, so what is so wrong in that.  If you're not a faithful person or you don't believe in a religion, and it's that painful or so offensive to you then don't listen.  You're not being brainwashed.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I am sorry,but I don't see it being such a big deal....

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Is it really so awful that she, or any host, speak of faith in general as a positive thing?  She's not pushing any religion on any one.  I never hear her "preach" as you put it.  She talks about faith, so what is so wrong in that.  If you're not a faithful person or you don't believe in a religion, and it's that painful or so offensive to you then don't listen.  You're not being brainwashed.

She could talk about jewelry and faith in an appropriate way.  Mary Beth has done it for years. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner, what did she say that was "inappropriate"???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue wrote:

I am a person of faith and was raised in church on Sunday and am a Christian.  I am expressing an opinion and am not here to argue.  I've said how it strikes me, enough said.  You don't agree; so we'll agree to disagree.  I simply don't see it the way you do.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

I am a person of faith and was raised in church on Sunday and am a Christian.  I am expressing an opinion and am not here to argue.  I've said how it strikes me, enough said.  You don't agree; so we'll agree to disagree.  I simply don't see it the way you do.

Was not looking to argue.  We had one exchange which I thought was a disucssion.  I guess you could not come up with an answer to my question as to what she said that was inappropriate.