Valued Contributor

Won't give credit for the reduced price

I was shocked today when I asked for the price difference when the item I ordered dropped in price the day after I ordered the item. (Jai earrings on sale.)  At first CS said I needed to wait until the order was shipped.  So I waited 3 days until it was shipped.  Now they say they will only give credit on my account for the price difference.  (The difference is $24.50.)  For 28 years they have been giving us the price difference on our credit card in this situation. I asked for a supervisor to call me, but I am sure I will not hear from anyone.  I was on hold 20 minutes for this rep.  Now I am trying another rep. Not a happy camper at all!!!  Has their policy changed??  

Honored Contributor

Re: Won't give credit for the reduced price

@mia 2 

Email QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Honored Contributor

@mia 2 wrote:

I was shocked today when I asked for the price difference when the item I ordered dropped in price the day after I ordered the item. (Jai earrings on sale.)  At first CS said I needed to wait until the order was shipped.  So I waited 3 days until it was shipped.  Now they say they will only give credit on my account for the price difference.  (The difference is $24.50.)  For 28 years they have been giving us the price difference on our credit card in this situation. I asked for a supervisor to call me, but I am sure I will not hear from anyone.  I was on hold 20 minutes for this rep.  Now I am trying another rep. Not a happy camper at all!!!  Has their policy changed??  

Maybe you worded this wrong because you state you asked for the price difference and   they did say they will only give you the price difference.

Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@mia 2 wrote:

Maybe you worded this wrong because you state you asked for the price difference and   they did say they will only give you the price difference.

Yep I don’t get it. Sounds like they are giving you what you asked for, the price difference which would be correct. However anytime you are not satisfied call and speak to a different representative or contact the QVC Social Team. They are fantastic.
Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@mia 2 wrote:

I think that they offered a credit on her account, rather than on original method of payment.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Yes mom2four0418~~This CS rep. said she would only give me a credit on my account, not my credit card.  (This sale was only 3 days after I ordered it.)  I just called back (after another 15 min.hold) and this rep gave me the credit on my credit card in 2 secs. flat.  He said "of course, we always honor a sales price a few days after you purchased it."  So I guess it depends on which rep you get.  Over the last 28 years QVC always gave you the price difference on your credit card.  Maybe you get 1 rep who doesn't know what they are doing.  A QVC credit is okay, but I'd rather have a refund on my credit card so it is easier to track.  Of course I would always spend the QVC credit quickly!  (LOL)  Just wanted to fill you ladies in to the end of this story.

Honored Contributor

@mia 2 

I agree with another poster who suggested emailing the QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

Just 2 days ago I email them about a price adjustment on a jacket I bought 2 weeks ago that had reduced in price by $26 and they credited my original method of payment for the price difference.

I never even bother calling CS anymore, the Social team is much more efficient and seems to actually know the Q's policies.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Don't see what the big deal is.  Some people are just not satisfied.

Respected Contributor

@mia 2 wrote:

Yes mom2four0418~~This CS rep. said she would only give me a credit on my account, not my credit card.  (This sale was only 3 days after I ordered it.)  I just called back (after another 15 min.hold) and this rep gave me the credit on my credit card in 2 secs. flat.  He said "of course, we always honor a sales price a few days after you purchased it."  So I guess it depends on which rep you get.  Over the last 28 years QVC always gave you the price difference on your credit card.  Maybe you get 1 rep who doesn't know what they are doing.  A QVC credit is okay, but I'd rather have a refund on my credit card so it is easier to track.  Of course I would always spend the QVC credit quickly!  (LOL)  Just wanted to fill you ladies in to the end of this story.

I am glad you got your issue resolved...$26 is a big difference in price and it is a "Big Deal" and has nothing to do with being satisfied. I would rather have credit back to original payment method vs account credit unless the item was purchased using the QCard then I understand the CS giving an account credit. I always track my purchases and if the company offers "price match" or "price guarantee" then I would take advantage. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Don't see what the big deal is.  Some people are just not satisfied.

@rms1954 

The difference can be that if you don't shop here a lot, why have a $26 credit on your account for a couple of months or more until something comes along that you decide to buy?

I would rather have that amount taken off of my current balance owed on the method of payment used.

Has nothing to do with "some people are just not satisfied".

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.