Frequent Contributor

Wish They Would Reintroduce Some Of Joan Rivers Interchangeable Jewelry Designs

I recently found and purchased at an estate sale a box of interchangeable leverback earrings from the Joan Rivers Collection. It was obviously a few sets combined. It consisted of three pairs of the actual leverback finding. There were several little ziploc bags containing balls/beads of all shades and colors of pearls, opaque + semi translucent colors and faux jade, onyx, turquoise + coral. I can honestly say I have worn these earrings pretty much everyday!! I get soo many compliments on them too! I havent been too impressed with the jewelry offerings from the JR line lately. I wish they would reintroduce her pearl line and the interchangeable lines she had back in the day.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Wish They Would Reintroduce Some Of Joan Rivers Interchangeable Jewelry Designs

@grayhairdontcare- I absolutely agree.  I have a lot of the older pieces of Joan's and they're beautiful, excellent quality.  I loved the interchangeable items she did; earrings and necklaces.  I also have a lot of her miniature Faberge eggs.  They were such fun to collect and so well-made.  I don't wear them now, but I still love to look at them.

I don't need any more jewelry, but I've also felt that the offerings now just aren't the same.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wish They Would Reintroduce Some Of Joan Rivers Interchangeable Jewelry Designs

I had a few interchangeable pieces years ago .. but there was a serious quality issue with the earrings.  They would come apart as you were wearing them.  

All gone now ....

Frequent Contributor

I just love earrings. They are my kryptonite!! I dont invest in alot of other jewlery items. My career limits what I can wear as far as jewlery. We are limited to earrings/ wedding rings + a watch + a small chain necklace if we want. So earrings are the only way to show some personality! I have literally boxes of earrings. I donate so many each year to a local museum where we vacation that runs a Holiday Jewlery Jingle Show that sells the jewelry to fund afterschool programs and field trips to the local kids year round. It balances out my guilt over spending money on earrings all the time!!

Frequent Contributor

check out ebay. I see them there.

Frequent Contributor

@ALRATIBAthat is such a bummer  when things fall apart. I have to say this set has been spot on great. The beads have all fit on snuggly and they haven't popped off during the day. I've actually fallen asleep wearing them and I've forgotten to take them off before I hopped in the shower! So..so far so good!!

Honored Contributor

@grayhairdontcare 

I didn't try sleeping or showering ... but absolutely useless at work.  Everytime I used the phone ... it knocked off the "stone."

On the magnetic pieces ... "stones" popped out if the piece was bumped.  

Leverbacks got caught on my clothes.

Just didn't work for anyone who's the least bit active. But perfect for sitting and posing at a table at QVC.

Valued Contributor

I am so glad that I kept all my "vintage" Joan Rivers jewelry! Everything was heavily gold plated, well constructed, and everything was made in Providence Rhode Island.  I do not need any more jewelry, but when I want a good quality gold/sterling chain, I go to ebay and look at Joan's things from 20 years ago.

I doubt that its possible to make the same excellent quality anymore for the price. A few years before she passed, Joan's jewelry quality had slipped to making "resin" pieces that looked as cheap as they were. She began to focus on her clothing line, probably because, as a smart business woman, she knew the days of fine costume jewelry were passing by. Kenneth Jay Lane also had marvelous pieces.   Thank Goodness for ebay!

Honored Contributor

Anytime you want to browse a ton of older Joan jewelry, go check out eBay.  I've purchased several pieces there and still have a lot I bought from QVC back in olden days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I bought a lot of her Chanel and Faberge jewelry years ago.  Not sure it would sell today.  Her beautiful egg necklace that returned didn't seem to sell well.  I expected it to sell out on first airing.  It still might be available.