Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will You Give Yourself A Jewelry Goodie For Christmas?

Not this Christmas.  I have lived a long time and have so much jewelry.  I am slowly culling my collection, giving to my DD and DIL.  I treasure old family pieces, one or two from my great-grandmother, and the diamond I always wear onmy right hand.  My GM’s engagement diamond, then passed to my mother, then me.  

There are businesses in my area selling “estate jewelry.”  If I wanted more, at reduced prices, I would rather deal with them than buy something on EBay.  Just saying.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice choices there. Enjoy whatever one you choose. 🎁 

Honored Contributor

Since I no longer work, I don't wear a lot of jewelry.  However, I love it and still desire it!  I always buy myself some little trinket.  But I don't buy anything expensive.  I love sterling silver jewelry and lately I have become obsessed with Etsy.  I just ordered myself a very small pair of garnet stud earrings.  These are dainty and I could wear them all the time if I wanted and not have an issue.  I have my eye on a couple other things but haven't decided yet!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Since I no longer work, I don't wear a lot of jewelry.  However, I love it and still desire it!  I always buy myself some little trinket.  But I don't buy anything expensive.  I love sterling silver jewelry and lately I have become obsessed with Etsy.  I just ordered myself a very small pair of garnet stud earrings.  These are dainty and I could wear them all the time if I wanted and not have an issue.  I have my eye on a couple other things but haven't decided yet!  

@AngelPuppy1  I'll have to give Etsy a look. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I have a pair of 3-ct Asscher-cut Moissanite studs in 14K WG sitting in my cart right now. I'm thinking about buying them. I just don't think now is the right time, however. Maybe after the holidays.

Respected Contributor

Normally pearl earrings or a necklace from Catherine Cardellini but she is not shipping internationally due to shipping issues as a result of the pandemic. 

Honored Contributor

I bought one at a local auction yesterday, a solid gold bracelet for under $300.00 (almost 10 grams, so I think I got a decent deal).  I'll give that to DH to wrap for me.  I'll also watch QVC Christmas show, just in case, as my B'Day is the 31st.

Honored Contributor

Ugh...Brown diamonds.  All shades of them.  I don't get the appeal.  Obviously others don't either as they are way cheaper then other color diamonds.  

Some color diamonds I like.  Especially the yellow.  Mainly because they look yellow.  Diamonds are so costly, the a lot of the color diamonds look drab and the not their color at all.  I've seen "Vivid" color diamonds (mostly on ShopNBC) and yes....the pink diamonds look exactly pink.  But some color diamonds are enhanced to show a better color at a lower cost.  

I just prefer white diamonds.  The whiter, the more colorless..... the better.  

I just love 18K gold.  It's so costly now, some of all gold bracelets cost more then diamond tennis bracelets.  So yeah....a nice 18K charm bracelet.  Perhaps some diamonds sprinked here and there.  But probably not buy something for myself.  Reality is too....real

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have spent the last few years giving out all my jewelry.  It has been interesting to see what new settings have been picked.  Not getting any more.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, not for Christmas as I spoiled myself for my recent 60th birthday which just happen to fall on free shipping weekend!!   I didn't get anything too expensive but I sort of collect a bit of Jay King and I did not own any Hubei turquoise so I bought a pair of earrings and also a new matching sleeveless sweater and cardigan from Chico's.

Not that I needed either one (already own plenty) but it just felt good Smiley Happy

Whatever you purchase I hope you all enjoy Smiley Happy