Honored Contributor

Re: Will QVC Discontinue Jewelry?

On 3/9/2014 VegasBusinessWoman said:
On 3/8/2014 stevieb said:

The bottom line is they need to PROGRAM and PRESENT more variety, more gemstones, more gold, less Bronzo, less black spinel (or whatever their current 'on trend' gemstone happens to be), fewer simulants (including DMQ) and less Ripka. And while they might have more jewelry available than what they present, the pickings in gemstones are slim.

I second that, stevie! How many blue topaz, amethyst and citrine pieces do you want to own? There are sooooo many colored gemstones, I don't understand why they don't show a wider variety, particularly in pendants with matching earrings set in gold.

VBW, at this point I'd even be happy to see blue topaz and citrine!

Wink

This steady diet of black spinel, crystal and fake diamonds and the less than appealing opaques upon which they've been fixated for some time, like labradorite, has officially worked my last nerve!

But agreed, there's so much choice out there, it'd be nice if they brought some of it to us!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

to sell ppl jewelry they need to actually present it and with more variety. Other places do it and Q could as well if it were a priority for them. Obviously it is not, so of course sales are down. I'm not going to bother watching shows with the same old, same old selections. BBSD was a bust because there was very little that was new or interesting.

The weekend programming hasn't interested me in quite a while, so unless it is fashion or jewelry I don't even turn it on.

Respected Contributor

I doubt that QVC will discontinue jewelry entirely, but don't look for the product assortment to improve any time soon.

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 GinaV24 said:

to sell ppl jewelry they need to actually present it and with more variety. Other places do it and Q could as well if it were a priority for them. Obviously it is not, so of course sales are down. I'm not going to bother watching shows with the same old, same old selections. BBSD was a bust because there was very little that was new or interesting.

The weekend programming hasn't interested me in quite a while, so unless it is fashion or jewelry I don't even turn it on.

Hi Gina! I think a number of customers are feeling the same way. And anymore, the weekdays aren't all that different from the weekends. In addition to jewelry, fashion, accessories and occasional beauty, I might also be interested in home decor items if they'd offer some fresh ones up, but a steady diet of the same old stuff, across the board and regardless of product category, together with the increasingly limited brands and the incessant focus on appliances and electronics, isn't finding me tuning in very often at all these days.

Respected Contributor

Funny I just wrote a suggestion to the q about their boring weekend programs the lack of selection for designer clothes, too much bronzo, their 24 hours of cooking, gardening, or whatever shows and their showing of keurig, sleep number, dyson, bose, kindle, juicers, etc. That they lacked variety and needed to freshen up and do a makeover themselves. I have shopped with them for 15 years and I don't see it getting better its getting worse.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Frequent Contributor

I don't think QVC is as good as it used to be and I don't think they are making nearly the amount of money as they used to either. I've noticed (when I watch) that items don't sell out as quickly as they used to. The customer base for them is not quite like it used to be and you can't tell me they haven't noticed that. If they don't revamp, then they will continue to be behind other companies in sales.

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 DustyPink said:

I don't think QVC is as good as it used to be and I don't think they are making nearly the amount of money as they used to either. I've noticed (when I watch) that items don't sell out as quickly as they used to. The customer base for them is not quite like it used to be and you can't tell me they haven't noticed that. If they don't revamp, then they will continue to be behind other companies in sales.

Not even close!

Super Contributor

Considering the lack of variety and scarcity of jewelry shows on the schedule, it doesn't surprise me. I find more variety on Shop HQ and JTV than I do on the Q. I buy less and less jewelry from the Q anymore......

Super Contributor

This channel might as well discontinue jewelry because whenever jewelry is on it's a total yawn-festival. I haven't purchased anything in months - and it's not just jewelry. All of this channels other offerings bore me to tears and nothing interests me.

QVC = zzzzzzz

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

I used to buy a lot of jewelry from QVC, but I think the last time I was was Christmas of 2012, when I bought an Honora gift set for Christmas presents. I used to love the gem days, but the selection isn't as good, many are Judith Ripka (I would rather pay for gems and weight than a name) and the quality isn't as good.

Here's a gorgeous set of bangles with 3 reviews, all 1 star, all saying that stones fell out. Smiley Sad

http://www.qvc.com/Veronese-18K-Clad-Large-Set-of-5-Turquoise-Station-Bangles.product.J280216.html?...