Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will QVC Discontinue Jewelry?

They never get new vendors. They show the same ole jewelry over and over again. They offer no good deals like ShopHQ does. I'm not surprised that sales are down. I haven't purchased jewelry from Qvc in quite some time.
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2014 BlingQueen022 said: They never get new vendors. They show the same ole jewelry over and over again. They offer no good deals like ShopHQ does. I'm not surprised that sales are down. I haven't purchased jewelry from Qvc in quite some time.

Those statistics show sales are up, not down. Be careful. Your diamonds must be blinding you.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/8/2014 millieshops said:
On 3/8/2014 BlingQueen022 said: They never get new vendors. They show the same ole jewelry over and over again. They offer no good deals like ShopHQ does. I'm not surprised that sales are down. I haven't purchased jewelry from Qvc in quite some time.

Those statistics show sales are up, not down. Be careful. Your diamonds must be blinding you.

Isn't that a good thing. Have a lousy weekend.
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2014 BlingQueen022 said:
On 3/8/2014 millieshops said:

Isn't that a good thing. Have a lousy weekend.

Of course it's good. Diamonds are my favorite bling.

Honored Contributor

I don't think they will because they know the market ebbs and flows, and at some level I also have to believe someone in Q-ville realizes that lackluster jewelry sales are at least in part a function of the jewelry they've been foisting out there...

Incidentally, my reading of their last quarterly report (and many of the previous quarters) would seem to indicate that growth in sales hasn't exactly been stellar in any of their categories and though some clearly perform better than others, their oft touted and even more often presented electronics wouldn't appear to be the huge boon for them they seem to want for it so badly to be...

As for jewelry, they've essentially already discontinued it in many ways, as we rarely see gemstones, noble metals or variety in favor of a steady diet of the many incarnations of Bronzo, black spinel and clad pieces. Most vendors have been shown the door as QVC continues to close ranks, offering just a few brands incessantly and with a clear and determined focus on mostly house brands... It might be working for them, though I don't see how, but it surely isn't working for me. I will occasionally purchase a piece of jewelry here, but I suspect those days are finite, as there are simply very few pieces left I want to own and not much appearing on the horizon, it seems.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 3/7/2014 upsidedown said:

they might as well quit selling jewelry if the best they can do is what they are selling lately.....nothing but junk....clearly QVC has focused on other things and jewelry is no longer important to their inventory

ITA, all they sell is bronze, plated and black spinel. If they sold good pieces (including real precious metals not just plated or with a silicone center), even if they were more expensive, maybe they would do better. they try to get the price so low, that they are selling low quality junk. no wonder no one wants to buy it. I used to buy jewelry from the Q all the time. I haven not bought a single piece in at least a year.

Honored Contributor

They are getting out of their jewelry what they are putting into it - very little. I've been a viewer/shopper for a short time (6th year) as compared to many that post on these boards and I can honestly tell you that I bought more in the beginning than now. It has nothing to do with me becoming bored with jewelry or having too much (lol). I don't do bronze and am tired of having Italy shoved down my throat. I liked Suarti, who appears to have been replaced by Jai. The first thing I ever purchased from the Q was jewelry from Joe Esposito. I miss the older brands.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

I do not think QVC will discontinue jewelry since so many women love bling...but their focus appears to be on fashion jewelry more than the arte d'oro price points. They claim gold is too high to now buy in the same quantities as before but with so much emphasis on bronze and colors of bronze they are telling us they are really not going back into gold in a big way. I think it has been a mistake to limit our choices as they have. Rarely is there a jewelry show on during each week...usually presented in the very early morning hours and most on clearance. There has been too much Ripka but there is the name factor so that I suppose is reasonable if not boring. Also looks like ecommerce has improved so bad news for all those hosts with the mosts! And average prices in the $60 range means they are interested in more $20 bill alerts than $200 sales...all is just being downgraded and that is a shame and will eventually lead to more not tuning in to watch the same old make-up and handbag shows.

Honored Contributor

Gee, maybe they'll increase their S/H fees to compensate!!!! HSN looks better to me every day!

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2014 Krimpette said:

Gee, maybe they'll increase their S/H fees to compensate!!!! HSN looks better to me every day!

Ha! I was just choking at the total for my It TSV pre-order: Item price was $59.98, with S&H + tax it came to $73.56! That's an additional $13.58! Yeowch! To be fair, WA State tax is pretty high (inching closer to 10%) but still. The S&H is far higher than at other shopping channels and online retailers.