Contributor

Why have Diamonique shows been moved to middle of night?

Hi, I'm a QVC shopper of many years; bought my first piece of jewelry in 1986, it was a diamonique marquise stone ring, two-tone white/yellow gold, and, I still have it Smiley Wink. The host has long since left the show, Kathy...forget her name. She was awesome. I own many other pieces now, household goods, beauty products, clothing, and I love them all.

I see that in past year or so, the D-que shows have been moved to (west coast time) after 1000 or 1100 pm, which is midnight, 1, 2 or 3 am for a large portion of the nation. I'm wondering why? I know we have lots of new brands of jewelry, Bronzo Italia which I love, and other designers. But there literally aren't any D-que shows on during daylight hours, unless it's a one-day 'all day' D-que special; have only seen one or two of those in past year.

As a regular QVC customer, I'd love to see a return of the 'Sunday' Diamonque shows, even if just an hour or two. The middle of the night schedule seems really unfair to such a beautiful, reasonably product. Thank you....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why have Diamonique shows been moved to middle of night?

I think they must have a large inventory of vacuum cleaners to sellSmiley Happy. I find the Sunday programming so boring and your suggestion is a good one. I mean how many Dysons or kitchen aid appliances can we purchase?
Honored Contributor

OP, there is no explaining their reasons for scheduling what products when ...... just record it and watch it the following day. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Regular Contributor

Like you my first QVC purchase was years ago and it also was a DMQ pendant and I've bought a lot of pieces of DMQ since then. Around 5 years ago I started noticing that the Q was sort of pushing DMQ to the side with fewer original pieces - I mean there are just so many basic earrings, rings and necklaces that one wants to own. They also began letting other designers like Gregg Ruth, Tacori and Hidalgo go while featuring far too many pieces by Judith Ripka. They also stopped that wonderful show on Sunday evening and began to air non-Ripka DMQ mostly in the wee hours. I don't think we'll ever have the variety of DMQ that was shown years ago as they seem to be focusing on things other than jewelry {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I think the host you were talking about was Kathy Levine who was absolutely the best one on the Q (my favorite on HSN since I started watching is Colleen Lopez and fortunately she's still there).

Honored Contributor

There is supposed to be a daytime Diamonique show Monday April 13 to welcome back Lisa Mason. Check your local TV schedule.

Contributor

Lol! Good one, Stray! I wish they would have a regular 4hr show dedicated to diamonique like they used to have.
Super Contributor

It's only my opinion, but I think the Diamonique sales have dropped off badly since they decided to raise their prices so drastically. I, for one, won't pay that for Diamonique.

Honored Contributor

They used call the shows "Discovder Diamonique" so now we can discover it at odd times.  I have many pieces from the Kathy Levin -- that lady knew how to sell.