Valued Contributor

Re: Why doesn't the Q have the gold shows ...

On 1/22/2015 Shelbelle said:

Yes, it was always on 1/24 and 8/17 religiously, regardless of the day of the week.

Thanks Shelbelle. I can remember viewers calling in and saying why is the California or Klondike Gold Rush on a Tuesday? And the host would say we always have the show on the days that the gold was discovered. Guess that isn't true anymore.

Honored Contributor

Tomorrow is a computer, tomorrow is a saturday

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 jackthebear said:

Tomorrow is a computer, tomorrow is a saturday

Seriously?? They just had a tablet TSV on Thursday........

Trusted Contributor

Well I don't have a husband anymore and work in the corporate world. I love to watch jewelry when I can and I do buy the occasional piece of gold. I don't buy costume jewelry. I remember during the summer the same thing happened with the Klondike and now the California gold rush - so much for the Q paying attention to the real dates of history. Oh well - such is life. Funny, this is the first time in a long time I have no payments to make to the Q - and no auto-delivery items. Good for me {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

People actually work on weekends, too, so whether it is a week day or a weekend day isn't as important. I don't understand why they don't keep it on the same date like they used to.
Respected Contributor

Do you think the price of 14K gold jewelry will start dropping soon? I noticed on the commodities website the price of gold, silver and platinum is declining.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to buy 14K gold jewelry on QVC like years ago? Smile

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 depglass said:

Certain people are always saying I wish they would bring back the expensive stuff they used to sell. Well, have at it, ladies.

Another thought: I think they figure husbands play a big part in the selection of mattresses and computers, that's why the weekends are chock full of pretty boring stuff.

Could be, but then not everyone is married and whether you are or not, 'couples' aren't buying mattresses and computers every weekend... They just really need to mix up their weekend programming... It's become a standing joke.

As for the jewelry, I guess, other than the too heavy reliance on Sleeping Beauty, which given their 'in a rut' approach to everything these days was to be anticipated..., I'm seeing a decent mix of products and prices. What I'm finding unfortunate is that once again they've limited the Easy Pay... When any other network has a jewelry 'event' virtually everything is on Easy Pay, but NOOOOOOO.... not this bunch...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I agree NYC Girl....QVC is so inconsiderate of the working person....they seem to schedule what little variety they show these days, which in itself is rare, during the week, and then their weekend programming is downright dreadful and boring so much so that you never tune in to QVC and find other places to shop, and other things to do......I'm lucky I get to work from home once in a while and sometimes get to see these "special events" that are a much needed and welcome change.... Meanwhile QVC's weekend schedule rotation seems to be written in stone for computers, tablets, vacuums, mixers, and blenders....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Dell said:
On 1/22/2015 Shelbelle said:

Yes, it was always on 1/24 and 8/17 religiously, regardless of the day of the week.

Thanks Shelbelle. I can remember viewers calling in and saying why is the California or Klondike Gold Rush on a Tuesday? And the host would say we always have the show on the days that the gold was discovered. Guess that isn't true anymore.

Oh now come on... You see Dull, er Dell, computers are SUCH a novelty around here that they absolutely MUST be programmed on the weekend... I mean really, what's more important, offering something they might show three times a year or offering something that seems to be sent flying out that door of theirs on a weekly basis...?

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 depglass said:

Certain people are always saying I wish they would bring back the expensive stuff they used to sell. Well, have at it, ladies.

Another thought: I think they figure husbands play a big part in the selection of mattresses and computers, that's why the weekends are chock full of pretty boring stuff.

It would be different if they showed mattresses, computers, and high priced mixers and blenders ONCE IN A WHILE on the weekend....but come on QVC has been doing this for the last several years certainly they've now saturated their prospective market ...They are scaring off their current customers and prospects away when every time you tune in to QVC on the weekend it's nothing but the same ole things....

And if I was buying a mattress I certainly would want to inspect it carefully, try it in person due to the cost and the problems of returning a large bulky item if it doesn't work out....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”