Esteemed Contributor

Why did the Audrey Hepburn jewelry line disappear?

Why did the Audrey Hepburn jewelry line disappear? I know that it was sold on HSN in the U.S. and on The Shopping Channel in Canada.

It wasn't online on TSC very long and I think Audrey's son Sean Ferrar appeared on air in Canada for 2 visits only. The whole line disappeared from TSC's website sometime late last year, and there was still a lot of it. I don't think it sold very well in Canada as it was fairly expensive.

I know that the jewelry was made by Camrose and Kross, the same company that made the Jackie Kennedy jewelry line that was sold on QVC until the Kennedy family objected

I have been reading articles about the legal wranglings going on between Audrey's sons and the charity that was set up in her name and I wonder if the fight over the intellectual property rights to her name and memorabilia associated with her is what has caused this line of jewelry to stop being for sale.

From People magazine's website:

http://people.com/celebrity/audrey-hepburn-sons-lawsuit/

Audrey Hepburn's Sons in Legal Battle Over Charity and Memorabilia

Honored Contributor

Re: Why did the Audrey Hepburn jewelry line disappear?

You'd think they might have checked with their lawyers BEFORE going into business........................(??)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Odd because Sean used to be the rep on HSN.

Honored Contributor

Whoever set up her will should have forseen something like this happening.  It's like leaving two brothers 50-50 interest in a company.  It's going to blow up when they have different ideas of where the company....and they will.  Someone needs to be have control in situations like that.