Contributor

Re: Why did Kathy Levine jewelry line fail on QVC?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wroJONNYSBRO wrote:
Lisa is not a failure shes a entrupener and all her jewelry has sold out pretty much. She will be expanding i think Lisa os smart to be in business for herself it takes time to build a business instead of innediately going to another shopping channel where they tell u what to do. Kathy line on HSN was there and gone. Evine live unfortunately they changed CEO who.dropped her line. I was more surprised at her QVC failure because she was in an environment where she should have thrived.

@JONNYSBRO  You need to get your facts straight...it was the new CEO at Evine who hired Kathy to be a "roving reporter" on merchandise overseas.  She never had a "line", never sold anything.  Apparently they never have-needed her to rove.

She needs to get her facts straight about another host, too!!

Kachina is the one who doesn't have her facts straight.  When KL left QVC she came back with a line of jewelry called LaVintage.  Yes it looked just like Heidi Daus jewelry but was cheaper and probably more cheaply made.

Then that either didn't work out or KL just gave up and she went to HSN with a clothing line.  That lasted maybe a year. The clothing IMO was ugly and others reported it was horribly cheap.

Then Kathy was on Evine as a roving reporter and had her clothing line called KLOL.  I saw it aired 1 time.  When Kathy did a live chat with Lisa R recently, she said her line was ready to go and the new CEO decided it was too expensive to keep up production and was being dropped.   

Thanks for the explanation @Lipstickdiva. I always liked Kathy and she seems happy and content now in her new life. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I just found the thread about Cathy Levine who was a great host when work with QVC  I love how you explained modelnetics, "PeterPrincipal".  Good job!

Valued Contributor

I just found the thread about Cathy Levine who was a great host when work with QVC  I love how you explained using  modelnetics, "PeterPrincipal".  Good job!

Honored Contributor

Kachina is the one who doesn't have her facts straight.  When KL left QVC she came back with a line of jewelry called LaVintage.  Yes it looked just like Heidi Daus jewelry but was cheaper and probably more cheaply made.

I had forgotten that I bought one of her La Vintage rings ... just went to get it out of the ring box.  It's a chunky satin finished silver with large amethyst stone and lots of other little stones that sparkle in all different colors ... like aurora borealis stones.  Really pretty ... and a sort of vintage art deco look.  Definitely a winter ring ... a bit too heavy for warm weather. 

Esteemed Contributor

I loved watching Kathy on QVC.  THat woman could sell anything.  WHen she brought her fashion line to HSN I watched two of those shows and I was so disappointed.  THe line looked like a poor relative of D&C.  THe pants were the same type of cheap material and full elastic waist stuff D&C had.  Kathy always dressed beautifully when presenting on QVC so I had high hopes for her HSN line

Respected Contributor

I don't know kathunlavine but I remember seeing that jewelry liberal. It was awful. Costume junk. Yecch. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannE wrote:

I don't know kathunlavine but I remember seeing that jewelry liberal. It was awful. Costume junk. Yecch. 

I am so sorry for iPad auto correct errors which I did not catch! My fault. What I wrote was that I don't know Kathy but I remember seeing that jewelry line. It was awful. Costume junk. Actually, you can buy really nice vintage jewelry on eBay for less if that's your thing..