Respected Contributor

Re: Why all the crystals on the jewelry?

I might have considered that watch but the crystals were a deal breaker for me. Like you, I'd prefer white zircon or even white topaz as an option. I stopped buying designer jewelry with dmq in it. I have found places I can buy jewelry at a better price w/o any faux elements.
Valued Contributor

I quess they must do some type of research to fiqure how many will buy with the crystals. Personally I am not a fan of the bronze or crystals.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. Cyrstals are glued and once you lose one it's all over. I wish they would use prong set Diamonique. Im guessing that the expense is in the prong setting but I just don't feel secure in purchasing an item that has crystals.  

Regular Contributor

I agree-cannot understand the prices they are charging for crystals! Much rather have Diamonique!

Trusted Contributor

They're obviously trying to keep the prices down by using crystals over Diamonique, but I agree with everyone who doesn't like crystal.  It cheapens the look, not to mention if you lose a crystal, there's no guarantee for replacement like there is with Diamonique.  Light bulb!  Maybe they're trying to move away from Diamonique due to their lifetime replacement policy. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rac71 wrote:
Crystals are glass. I'd be happy with white topaz, at least it's a real mineral gemstone.

And since they are just glass- they pop from settings (glued or otherwise)  if they get the slightest chip. I stay away from them myself!

I recently got new sunglasses with a few crystals on the arm-  I dabbed a little clear nailpolish on them to secure it a bit more. I know it'll bug me when one pops out!

Trusted Contributor

I know from reading many books about stones and cutting and polishing them that quality CZs set in jewlery should be cut and polished by expert craftsmen and women and that takes more money than gluing in glass or even setting glass or crystals so they definitely are saving money by using "crystals".   But, the thing is, the Q still charges ridiculous prices for these cheap imitations compared to places like the LC!

Super Contributor

OMgoodness, I was wondering the same thing.  I just don't know about the whole crystal thing...There were a couple of things that I would have purchased if they had diamonique and not crystals. I just didn't realize that would make a huge difference in the price.  All jewerly material costs must be going up.  I purchased the 18 K earrings and band ring.  I hope they have a lot of gold and I hope they will be a good value.  I know if they are good quality, I will really wear them for a lifetime.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of watches that have crystals around the bezel and none of them have fallen out so far and some of these watches I wore daily for years. 

I thought that watch was gorgeous but it reminded me too much of another bronzo watch I have and love so this was an easy pass for me.

Honored Contributor

I would have purchased the recent TSV watch but I don't want any bling on my watches.......