Respected Contributor

Why advertise something when you can't ship it now ?

I was just watching Bellezza jewelry on HSN and saw a pair of Bronze elongated earrings and I was so anxious to buy them in gold tone (beautiful hoops !) so I went to put my order in because they were actually presenting them at that very time. I clicked on the gold tone and a message said delayed shipping so I clicked on the silvertone and it also said delayed shipping ! Why are they selling an item they can't ship now ? Unless I missed it I did not hear the host or the jeweler say there was a delay !  I already have a couple of orders that have been delayed from HSN but at the time I ordered them there was not a mention of delay. Just venting because those earrings were beautiful  and just my style !  Oh well, I have a bucket of hoop earrings so I won't be out, just more money to save right ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why advertise something when you can't ship it now ?

Because with the supply chain problems....they can't guarantee anything!

At least you knew before ordering ...

QVC programming is scheduled AGES b4 air time.  If the delivery of jewelry doesn't make it in, they aren't going to sell shoes instead.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes   Agree!  All the shopping channels know there are "supply chain" issues.  They should not be selling an item that is not ready for immediate shipment unless they make it absolultely clear the item is not currently available.

Honored Contributor

We who don't work in retail are in no position to know why they do what they do.  I'm sure they could give you a good reason if they chose to do so.  These delays cost them big so they don't do it facetiously.

HSN had a TS BareTraps shoe in January that they had to completely cancel because the merchandise didn't arrive.  It's available now but at a much higher price.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's frustrating, for real.  But did you want the earrings for a specific event/date?  If not, is waiting for the shipping date that horrible if you got your beautiful earrings for the price you were willing to pay?  They don't charge until shipped.  

With all the shipping problems, what would be the alternative? Present only the finite number of things they do have in the warehouse? We have no idea what's the full impact of their limited inventory right now.  I for one, don't want the same  items shown on-air, or on their website over & over, with nothing new & fresh shown.  They already show too many repeats as it is. 

Honored Contributor

I think it's great that they are being open and honest about it.  I would not have a problem with waiting for jewelry.  I've never had a jewelry I absolutely needed a pair of earrings in asap.