Honored Contributor

Re: Why? Oh why is Rick hosting the Vicenza jewelry show?

It was all Bronzo Italia if it's the show I'm thinking of and don't like either the junk or the person presenting the junk. stuff looks like Revere cooking pans with all that copper.

Respected Contributor

Rick is great as a host for jewelry. I prefer him to some of the women. He's always a bit calmer when hosting jewelry.

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 Sharke said:

It was all Bronzo Italia if it's the show I'm thinking of and don't like either the junk or the person presenting the junk. stuff looks like Revere cooking pans with all that copper.

Not sorry I missed it... and on so many levels...

Saying Rick is 'more calm' for jewelry than for other shows is is a little like downgrading a hurricane to a tropical storm... They both rely on a pretty major hot air mass.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I really like Rick he does a great job no matter what he is selling....

Super Contributor

I don't watch Rick either. He does talk, yell is more like it, like a car salesman.

Valued Contributor

When he comes on I always think he's hyped up on speed!
Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 BubbleGumBlowout said: I just got home and tuned into Vincenza. And I see that Rick is hosting? Yelling and acting like he's selling used cars and dell laptops? He can't speak to women's jewelry or fashion, so why? Could they not find anyone else? It's really silly... He can't try on jewelry or make suggestions how to wear or layer your pieces...WHY? ????

The last time I was in Tiffany's in Beverly Hills, there were more MEN selling jewelry than women.

If you really need someone to tell you how to wear jewelry ..... well, I can't even imagine that .... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Valued Contributor

Why? Because it's his job and he is good at it. The only one who appears to be yelling is you.
Honored Contributor

I guess the difference in shopping in person and shopping via TV or the web is the capacity to try it on yourself and thus see it actually being worn... as opposed to having to rely on seeing someone else wearing the jewelry... I've never understood the rationale between comparisons between brick/mortar and TV shopping... Salesmen in fine b/m jewelry stores also don't tend to do twenty-five minute hard sell presentations...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 VAbelle said:

Some times it's just therapeutic to have some "girl time" and the soft voice of a lady host is comforting and inviting. Rick is the best for electronics, but for me, gender does matter especially when selling clothes!! (Now visualizing Rick in Spanx....uh, ah).

I agree, why in the world do they make Rick sell jewelry. Now Spanx would be another matter, especially if he modeledSmile...