Trusted Contributor

Re: Why Italian jewelry clearance day?

@faeriemoon wrote:

In going through the items offered today and many seem to have a really low star count.

I know, right?  I ordered the silver Judith Ripka byzantine bracelet with the heart charm on a whim without reading the reviews.  When I went back and read them, I cancelled the order.

Honored Contributor

@vac wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

In going through the items offered today and many seem to have a really low star count.

I know, right?  I ordered the silver Judith Ripka byzantine bracelet with the heart charm on a whim without reading the reviews.  When I went back and read them, I cancelled the order.

What I ordered has a 3.6 star rating out of 187 reviews.  I was happy with that.  The watch I wanted has a high star rating.

I've only checked the rating on what i wanted but I know in the past, QVC seems to clearance items that have bad ratings or those are the items they put at a this day only.   

Regular Contributor

Ever since the Veronese Line came to QVC, I purchased a number of their items which I would wear with my 18k jewlery  purchases in Italy. They did look good together.  However, over time the  variety of styles and I think the quality of this line changed. Also since I can't wear pierced earrings any more their variety and the number of this type of earring is next to nothing. Please bring back the original quality and quantity.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Swear moments ago! Thought the same as you. Presale item's, Plated with fancy names. Evine Live today, Samuel B, Magnificent designs. Not owning any myself, Today might change that. QVC Please! BRING Quality Jewels & Precious metals Bsck!!! Thank You.

They can't.  Too expensive for the average QVC viewer.  Have you seen the Gem Shopping Network.  Rubies in 18K & platinum going for $40,000.00 to $80,000...? The semi precious gem of the day (say an Opal with tiny diamonds in 14K) are about $1,500.00.  Throw in 18K and price soars.  It's the metal more then the gem.  Add the diamond as accent....and the price triples.  The cheapest price range there (for silver setting) is about $400.00.  Jewelry stores are even more costly.  No wonder QVC wants out of fine jewelry.