Honored Contributor

Re: Why I have not made a Jai purchase

@PamfromCT wrote:

I have two Jai silver bracelets I wear all the time.  One is a chain with textured balls, and the second one has crosses built into the chain.  They weren’t full price, but I never have to worry about them like I would my expensive stone bracelets.

They are very sturdy.

@PamfromCT I have a few Jai bracelets, earrings and rings and they are the quality is excellent.  The silver is very substantial not thin at all.  I want this bracelet so bad but it sold out already.  I was able to get on wait list.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky Hope you don't mind me chiming in but I have a similar bracelet like the one you're on waitlist for.  Have you seen Bali jewlery on HSN?  I have several pieces and the quality is just as good as JAI, who I also love and own.  I do try to buy on sale though, they are pricey pieces but substantial and beautiful!  Good luck Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette I have a couple of Hagit's pieces too and they are quite nice.  Her line was similar to Or Paz.  She has not been on in a long time but Danny has via Skype.

Respected Contributor

I have many pieces of Jai and love the line.  What is different about them is the silver is thicker and has more substance than some of the other brands.  I'm not a snob about my jewelry and will buy any brand as long as I like it.  It just depends on the fact of liking it.  

Super Contributor

I wish I was as strong as you ladies.  I bought the TSV ring and earrings in Amethyst.  Then I could not resist that adjustable necklace.  I did put the breaks on and did not get the matching bracelet.  I also bought Jane's "Virginia" ring.  I actually have her earlier version from many years ago - it is similar as far as the base, but it has a amethyst with a cameo-style lady etched into it.  I had ordered 2 of the faux hanging plants TSV and cancelled that since I bought the necklace.  The only other thing I might have bought is if the Silver Spoon Jewelry company had a larger pendant on a 30 inch chain (I have the snake).  The new pieces they showed today are much smaller/less chunky.

Super Contributor

She presented in Australia and England, but not USA recently. I am not sure why. More so, with skype.

Respected Contributor

Well, I am a gold lover and wearer, so I find almost all sterling silver jewelry reasonably priced.

I bought one JAI ring with animals on it just because it was so intricate, even though I do not wear the ring.

I find all JAI jewelry to be exceptionally well made, heavy, and full of sentimental details.  I see no difference in quality between JAI and John Hardy, except JAI has hardly used any diamonds at all on QVC.

I think JAI is great for every day wear, and is quite attractive.  I think it is a reliable brand with dependable quality, and I wish all those who own it many years of wearing pleasure!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I too have not purchased any JAI silver pieces. While i like many of them. the cost has been way, way  too high, in my opinion, especially for silver. i have however bought several Or Paz and Hagit pieces. i adore their unique designs. and don't mind spending a little extra for them. many bargains to be found in their collections, though. few if any, regarding JAI.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't buy JAI until within the past couple of years.  I never bought at full price, but the prices now are too high in my opinion.  And the designs are, at times, boring - same old same old.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own several pieces of Jai but am not, overall, a big fan of the line. I find it to be a mixed bag. Some pieces appear to be quite lovely and well executed while others, well, not so much. I do find it overpriced but much of it does tend to go on sale. I think I preferred its precursor, the Angela for John Hardy line that was sold here for a few years. I'm also enjoying some of the pieces from Samuel B on ShopHQ.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...