Honored Contributor

Why I have not made a Jai purchase

[ Edited ]

I've seen some Jai styles I have liked. Then, when I looked at the prices, they were expensive. Then I would say to myself, "It's just silver." I always seem to have a hard time justifying paying high prices when jewelry is in silver rather than gold. It's just my mindset.

When I look at my large collection of white metal jewelry I realize that they probably aren't worth all the money I spent for them. They don't look expensive to me, even if they were when I bought them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why I have not made a Jai purchase

I know what you mean.  There is a HUGE markup on jewelry, from what I understand.  I do have some JAI jewelry and I love all of it.  I need to remind myself to actually WEAR it, because I tend to save things.  Why, I have no idea.  I also like Or Paz jewelry, which is similar to JAI, but the prices are better.  I would never expect to sell jewelry for what I paid for it.  It is to be worn and enjoyed.  So if you can justify that, then you should not feel guilty about buying it.  Just my thoughts ....

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I'm just not a fan of this brand.  It all looks the same to me.  I don't think I've bought any jewelry from QVC since the days of Hagit Gorali.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette   That’s not a brand I own at all - I can’t remember ever seeing it even.  When was it sold here?

Honored Contributor

She's an Israeli designer who used to come a couple of times a year.  An absolutely delightful woman.  They still have some of her items on line, but i can't remember when they last had a presentation.  It's been at least a couple of years, I believe.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

She's an Israeli designer who used to come a couple of times a year.  An absolutely delightful woman.  They still have some of her items on line, but i can't remember when they last had a presentation.  It's been at least a couple of years, I believe.

@Krimpette  I loved Hagits jewelry! She was the only jewelry vendor I made sure to watch.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  Wasn't she delightful to watch?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't have any Jai jewelry either.  I have never even watched the jewelry presentations. The jewelry is expensive , but it is still QVC branded jewelry.  It will never amount to anything and isn't desired, except by those who were the original purchaser and maybe other QVC fans.

I do own a few pieces of John Hardy jewelry.  This is more expensive than Jai.  It is well made and sought after.  Scott Grimes is a designer for John Hardy as well as Jai.  This jewelry is recognizable and carries some prestige.

I don't plan on buying any more pieces, but I enjoy the ones that I have.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have two Jai silver bracelets I wear all the time.  One is a chain with textured balls, and the second one has crosses built into the chain.  They weren’t full price, but I never have to worry about them like I would my expensive stone bracelets.

They are very sturdy.

Esteemed Contributor

ALL  QVC prices are high!  (imo)