Respected Contributor

Re: Who will be QVC's next Jewelry Star?

@cindyNC I just yesterday pulled a Lee Sands eel skin wallet out of a drawer and it looks like I just bought it after all these years.  And I carried it for years before I bought a LV wallet to replace it.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I was always  big Hagit Gorali fan.  Never a Scott Grimes fan.  I have enough jewelry, anyway.

Respected Contributor

My DIL only wears her wedding band and Apple watch.  Once in awhile a very small necklace.

My GDIL only wears wedding band, Apple watch, 2 small earring rings in both ears and a small gold necklace GS bought her that says I love you in gold.

GD wears wedding band and engagement ring and a couple small earrings.  I remember when she was young and got her ears pierced.  I bought her the first pair of earrings.  They were Amethyst studs, her birthstone.

Funny thing is DIL worked in a jewelry store and has taken gemstone classes.  She has made gemstone jewelry in the past.  Now wears only the above mentioned.  No real jewelry.  Yes, times have changed.  Whereas I still dont leave the house without several rings, bracelets and necklace. I even still wear statement jewelry.

Super Contributor

I would guess Robert Manse might be a new star.

His pieces are well made. 

I do miss Hagit Gorali. She disappear from USA QVC, but continue to appear in England QVC. QVC still carry her items. 

Esteemed Contributor

@alice87 wrote:

I would guess Robert Manse might be a new star.

His pieces are well made. 

I do miss Hagit Gorali. She disappear from USA QVC, but continue to appear in England QVC. QVC still carry her items. 

I agree with Robert Manse.....he has interesting stuff...and i am not a JAI fan........so would like to see

other offerings

Honored Contributor

Hi @depglass . Crazy I know, but I stopped wearing my "designer, recognizable" jewelry. I had a lot of David Yurman , John Hardy, etc. I gave most to my daughter. 

My oval wedding set, watch and many bangles with my pearls/chains , small diamond studs are always my signature. 

I hope JAI will run its course...starting to all look alike.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Hi @depglass . Crazy I know, but I stopped wearing my "designer, recognizable" jewelry. I had a lot of David Yurman , John Hardy, etc. I gave most to my daughter. 

My oval wedding set, watch and many bangles with my pearls/chains , small diamond studs are always my signature. 

I hope JAI will run its course...starting to all look alike.

can't stand the JAI guy with his schmaltzy selling of dead relatives and pets, 

I have been selling my jewelry except for the really good stuff, 

life changes 

Honored Contributor

I don't know. They say nobody wants to buy jewelry, but electronics instead.  What ever comes, it'll be silver for sure. They haven't offered new Ultrafine in over a year. 

Trusted Contributor

Designer recognized jewelry, and handbags, are overpriced, and do not impress me. I find nothing unique about them, and other companies produce copies, with only subtle differences. 

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Honored Contributor

Many of my younger working friends wear thin gold chains with a small pendant. They also wear stretch gemstone beaded bracelets. Mostly minimal. They don't shop much for jewelry and the pieces they wear are usually gifts. 

I really don't see any big future for jewelry sales here or anywhere else for that matter. Times have changed.