Respected Contributor

Re: Who owns UltraFine, QVC or Milor?

@depglass @songbird 

UltraFine Silver debuted on Friday, August 15, 1997 with Judy Crowell. The original pieces were made in the U.S.A., with some pieces made in Costa Rica (the .999 silver was all made in one Rhode Island location and then shipped to where the pieces were made).

After being phased out in 2003, UltraFine Silver returned to QVC on August 27, 2007 with Laurie Shore from 1-3am ET and Jane Treacy from 6-8pm ET. After condsidering Thailand, Turkey and Italy among others, QVC selected Milor of Italy as the manufacturer of the new .950 UltraFine Nickel-Free Hypoallergenic Silver. Milor had been manufacturering sterling silver jewelry for QVC since the 1980s but was not involved in the 1997-2003 collection of UltraFine Silver.

Honored Contributor

@banned again Thanks.  I wondered where I read Thailand.  I thought they had originated it.  Ultrafine has less copper in it.  Copper is the culprit in the tarnishing of silver.

Honored Contributor

SilleeMee, no, I didn't.  Went to cottage for a few days and that TV doesn't get LC.  I must say I'm rather shocked.  Those hosts seem happy to work there, although their management seems to experience changes.