Honored Contributor

Re: Who is your favorite TV jewelry host?

@rockygems123.  Actually, we have an exceptionally nice independent jeweler who does take consignments.  I've thought about taking some of my pieces there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123.  Actually, we have an exceptionally nice independent jeweler who does take consignments.  I've thought about taking some of my pieces there.

@Kachina624 That's good you have a local trusted jeweler. I'm a jewelry dealer and the resale market is very competitive and hot right now and doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon. 

Honored Contributor

Mary Beth gives great detailed presentations I do enjoy Melissa on JTV Michael Valatuti when he was on Shophq.  He is so knowledgeable, love his stories.  First time I heard about Zircons was through one of his presentation. Lisa Robertson was great with details.  Loved her with Barbara Bixby.

Contributor

I'm going to take it back a notch and say that I absolutely loved Charla Rines when she was on ShopNBC and ValueVision. So much of my jewelry acquired was definitely under her tutelage.  Those were the days when I would take off work just to get a piece of jewelry before it sold out!! I no longer watch jewelry shows, so I don't have a current favorite. 

Contributor

Hands down, my favorite is Lisa Robertson. She 'convinced' me I needed what she was selling, mainly jewelry. I even bought a mattress she was presenting! My next favorite is Colleen Lopez, Libby Floyd, Connie Craig Carroll and Heather from ShopHQ.

Contributor

Don't you get a huge kick when Colleen gets so exciited about a certain piece she adortably utters:  "Oh oh oh oh oh,"  Never fails to make me smile.

Wish I could get as excited about the most recent (last several years or so) pieces presented by Colleen or anyone,

Good thing I am up there in years and always saved up to buy quality rather than quantitiy. I have shoes, boots, and every variety of apparel decades old and the quality of my older clothes (thank goodness I was never a fad shopper) compared to purchases made in the last 10 or so years is stunning.

I have boots and shoes completely lined in leather, with leather soles. It is legal to call shoes or purses "leather" if they are only 51 per cent leather. I have a couple of shredded purse handles from purses carried for no more than 8 hours on my shoulder. Absurd.

Tee-shirts are as thin as tissue paper--and they are not cheap.  Just purchased some Bronner's castille soap. My old bottle was 6 years old, and the liquid in the/ new bottle has so much more water in it I was stunned. I would rather pay more than buy this junk on the market. This is the rule in so many of my re-purchases, like humidifiers: first one lasted 7 years, second one lasted 3 months.

Guess I've gone on long enough. Best holiday wishes to all.....

Respected Contributor

Jennifer Coffey and Colleen Lopez are both excellent at presenting jewelry. They both always give pertinent information and their presentations are always professional and enjoyable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TheRealOneForSure wrote:

I'm going to take it back a notch and say that I absolutely loved Charla Rines when she was on ShopNBC and ValueVision. So much of my jewelry acquired was definitely under her tutelage.  Those were the days when I would take off work just to get a piece of jewelry before it sold out!! I no longer watch jewelry shows, so I don't have a current favorite. 

Yeah I remember her!  She was really neat.  Very funny person.  But she knew jewelry.  I remember an 18K gold vendor saying that Charla talked him into soldering some big crosses on a large 18k bracelet.  Afterward they weighed in a scale, and it was over 200 grams.  It had about 12 crosses hanging from it.  Did she ever host QVC?  Wish I knew what happened to her.  I really liked her.

Ex-ShopNBC Host Charla Rines, Tell Us What You're Up To, Your Loyal And  Irate Fans Want To Know | Homeshoppingista's Blog By Linda Moss

Respected Contributor

Nikki on JTV.

Contributor

She was the absolute best. Impeccable taste. Loved her warped sense of humor. Her knowledge of jewelry was second to none. She was authentic and even though she had to sell everything, you knew if it was a  piece that she really loved or not. She went to a couple of other now defunct networks selling watches and jewelry. Disappeared soon after. To this day, I really miss her.