Contributor

Re: Who is your favorite TV jewelry host?

@songbird wrote:

@TheRealOneForSure wrote:

I'm going to take it back a notch and say that I absolutely loved Charla Rines when she was on ShopNBC and ValueVision. So much of my jewelry acquired was definitely under her tutelage.  Those were the days when I would take off work just to get a piece of jewelry before it sold out!! I no longer watch jewelry shows, so I don't have a current favorite. 

Yeah I remember her!  She was really neat.  Very funny person.  But she knew jewelry.  I remember an 18K gold vendor saying that Charla talked him into soldering some big crosses on a large 18k bracelet.  Afterward they weighed in a scale, and it was over 200 grams.  It had about 12 crosses hanging from it.  Did she ever host QVC?  Wish I knew what happened to her.  I really liked her.

Ex-ShopNBC Host Charla Rines, Tell Us What You're Up To, Your Loyal And  Irate Fans Want To Know | Homeshoppingista's Blog By Linda Moss

QVC would have been lucky to have her expertise. She always made my day with her quick wit and devotion to her only daughter. She spoke of her divorce and referred to herself as being “emancipated” after the divorce. See my post below. Didn’t show up in the right place.

Honored Contributor

I am another fan of Charla. What I loved most about her presentations was she was the only host who would measure bracelets from end to end to check on the exact length, which I so appreciated. I have a small wrist and so often they would have a size in the graphics and when it arrived to me it was actually a lot longer and I had to send it back or pay to have it sized down. 

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Well. it was Michele Lau but I haven't seen her in ages.

Doesnt she come on the Q as a guest vendor ? She was one of HSN's

best and they let her go. 

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

Nikki on JTV.

Nikki is actually now on ShopHQ - I think she started in Oct.

Honored Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

Nikki on JTV.

Nikki is actually now on ShopHQ - I think she started in Oct.

I think she maybe referring to Nicki Rouleau on JTV, not Nicki Stanzione. 

Contributor

Oh my goodness. I forgot all about Charla and that famous ruler of hers! She used t for measuring and hitting. Thanks for that visual. It made me smile. 

Respected Contributor

I loved Antonella when she did the Honora shows. Miss her. Colleen on HSN does a great job too.

Esteemed Contributor

Nancy Hornback. I really like her low key style and attention to detail. Just a really nice hour of enjoyment.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Substituting best for favorite, I'd have to say Jill.  I can go through my jewelry box and pick out the ones she talked me into.  I used to say "Oh no, I better get my guard up."  By the time the presentation ended I had bought the item.