Trusted Contributor

White or rose gold, what looks better on you....

need help with opinions, what looks better on you, white gold or rose gold. I am a blue eyed blonde, white gold seems to show up better, but rose gold is very pretty also. What looks better on you, and why. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: White or rose gold, what looks better on you....

Hi @dogsx3 - I'm a green eyed blonde and I do not discriminate when it comes to gold Woman LOL

My preference is usually yellow gold though. Rose is my least favorite because it tends to be inconsistent depending on who is mixing. Some rose gold is brassier than others - the nude/pink gold is pretty, but it really needs to be the right color of rose gold for me to like it. 

Trusted Contributor

rose gold seems to compliment my skin tone, but i tend to wear more white gold because it's easier to match with my outfits. 

Honored Contributor

I love white gold. My wedding rings are in platinum. I just think most stones look better in white gold vs yellow gold. I have white, yellow & rose gold pieces but prefer the white. I don't have a problem wearing all 3 colors gold at the same time. I mix it up.

Respected Contributor

I like it all; rose, yellow, white.  If I like the style and the gemstones, I will buy it regardless of the metal color.  I do think some gemstones look better in one color or another, but I can wear any color metal.  A lot of my newer pieces are 2-tone, and I like that the best, I think, because they look good with almost any other jewelry I wear.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I wear both, in fact I have a ring that is both rose and white gold. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I like all three~~~ yellow, white, rose.

I wear them all at the same time since I don't care for matchy matchy.

But yellow looks best with my skin tone...........

Esteemed Contributor

Both white & rose gold work for me. I have some yellow gold, but prefer white & rose with my complexion. Wear together as well.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

@nycgrl,

Totally agree with you. Not all rose gold alloys are created equal. It also depends on the stone/ gem. I gravitate towards white gold which now is almost always  with rhodium when it comes to emeralds, rubies, blue zaphires, pearls or diamonds. Otherwise yellow gold 🌻

Respected Contributor

white

-Texas Hill Country-