Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if white jasper is a good stone color? I saw a pendant at a consignment shop today set in sterling silver. A very pretty piece for $25.00. Is that a good buy? Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: White Jasper?

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway For $25 and if you really are drawn to it as a special piece, then you might want to jump on it.  If you feel it will just clutter your jewelry box or thinking it is worth money forget it.  Only you can answer this question.

Metaphysically:  This is a very nurturing stone that creates joy and protects you against negativity, especially if you have had a recent loss.  It encourages balance in your life.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrdThanks, I always thought that jasper was in the red tones. I had never heard of white jasper. It was stamped on the back 925, so I know it is real sterling silver.  Interesting about the meaning. We all can use a little joy in our life.

Honored Contributor

I have one piece of white jasper...it is a large pendant.  I think the stone is pretty.  I like jasper in just about any color.  I have some red and pink pieces also.

If you like something and will wear it...then it is a good purchase for you.

Respected Contributor

@CarmieDoes your white stone have any other colors in it? This one had a small black line in it.

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway  I am on vacation and not at home, so I can't post a picture, but yes, there are black veins going through it.

Valued Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@phoenixbrdThanks, I always thought that jasper was in the red tones. I had never heard of white jasper. It was stamped on the back 925, so I know it is real sterling silver.  Interesting about the meaning. We all can use a little joy in our life.

Carolyn Pollack had some white jasper pieces years ago. I remember them as quite stunning. 

Honored Contributor

As with most white opaque stones, white jasper is bleached to remove mineral stains. But it has to start out with a fairly white-ish stone to begin with. However, some imperfections, like specks and dots, will remain due to the nature of the stone itself. 

Jasper

jasper-2.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeeThanks for the information about the white jasper.

Honored Contributor

Re: White Jasper?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  There are some stunning stones in that picture!