Valued Contributor

Re: Which is the Long Term Better Buy? Squash Blossom or Turquoise Naja

On 8/28/2014 Qulia said:

Waterbaby, you're going to love the Super Nova Naja. It looks great on leather, sterling beads, the native pearl necklace, the turquoise torsade, and various turquoise and other gemstone bead necklaces. Great on coral or lapis. Let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

Thanks. I sure will. I got the 14 mm native pearl necks in 17" and 21". I'm so in love, great alone or nested. Can't wait for the Naja!!!
Super Contributor

Congrats waterbaby on your super Naja! Wear it in good health!

Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 waterbaby said: I bought the Super Nova Naja today, fingers crossed I get a good one! But, I'm. It canceling the SB since it won't come until October.

Wooohooooo!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} How exciting . . be sure to let us know how you likey!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

Hello Waterbaby! You just joined a very "exclusive" super duper naja club, lol! Let me add my congratulations! I am happy for you. (I actually hoped you would do that instead of the necklace, because I think the enhancer will be more versatile in the long run.)

Valued Contributor

Jug town, Haca and Kath....thanks for your kind words of support! Jug town, your pics helped make my decision. It's still in process so, hopefully, next week. Have a great holiday weekend and enjoy the shows Sunday.
Honored Contributor

I would NEVER buy something based on future value.

Just buy what you love (and can afford).

Whatever your choice...ENJOY!

Valued Contributor

On 8/30/2014 terrier3 said:

I would NEVER buy something based on future value.

Just buy what you love (and can afford).

Whatever your choice...ENJOY!

Thanks, terrier, you are right about "worth" in the future . I didn't mean what would it be worth to resell, etc. I meant would I get more I leave I'm wearing the Naja because it is an enhancer as opposed to a necklace. I've bought and sold many pieces of designer jewelry and I don't care what anyone says, it is not an investment. It is for our enjoyment and pleasure and if it can be passed down and enjoyed over generations or sold on a secondary market to recoups some $ from it, that's just a bonus! I decided on the. Naja because I know I will wear it more frequently on different necklaces.
Respected Contributor

YAYYYYY ! Excited for you to get it......welcome to the gang (: I Love to wear it on a beefy black leather cord or turquoise twisted into torsade and when I'm not wearing it, it's hanging on something as decoration. The sleeping beauty on it is breathtaking. All sleeping beauty is not created equal, so Carolyn really made sure this was a stunner. It is bold, yet It's a chameleon also because I was surprised how versatile it is. ENJOY (:
Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 waterbaby said:

I am on the advance order list for the SB Squash Blossom. I've always wanted one and the $323 price tag with tax, tag and title are more like $357. But, I thought it was a good buy. However, it is a necklace and I always were a necklace with an enhancer. I think it offers a lot of versatility.

I am also on the WL for the red coral Naja, which I think is stunning also.

So, even though the Turquoise Naja is more money, $544 with everything, is it worth it vs. the SB over the long term?

I have the 14mm native Pearls in 17" and 21", the CP Statement necklace in 17" all sterling and the Signature in the mixed metals along with a 10mm turquoise necklace to put the red and possibility the turq Najas on.

Just looking for honest opinions. Thanks, ladies!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Investment wise, neither one will pay off. I have turquoise jewelry from the 1960's. All the pieces R in very good condition, good quality, squash blossom, etc. All hand made from Indian tribes in the southwest. No one is interested unless they are antique. Which means 100 years old.

Buy what you love today. Tomorrow isn't promised.

Super Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Skylands said:

Investment wise, neither one will pay off. I have turquoise jewelry from the 1960's. All the pieces R in very good condition, good quality, squash blossom, etc. All hand made from Indian tribes in the southwest. No one is interested unless they are antique. Which means 100 years old.

Buy what you love today. Tomorrow isn't promised.

I'm interested! Are you selling?