Honored Contributor

Re: Where to buy Moissanite?

@AKgirl2 

Thank you for the information about Evine. I will edit my post. 

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@AKgirl2 

Thank you for the information about Evine. I will edit my post. 

@butterfly123  ~ Dear lady, no biggie.  I remember seeing it online a long time ago.🙋🏻

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy GOOD QUALITY Moissanite ?And what are the standards to look for?

Thanks!

I have seen moissanite sold by Charles Winston on JTV...the prices were reasonable and there were some really pretty pieces offered!

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy GOOD QUALITY Moissanite ?And what are the standards to look for?

Thanks!

My fav is moissaniteco cotcom.  They offer different grades, will set something in rose gold if requested, and I've never been disappointed. I have also purchased at Evine because they identify the grade.  I don't buy moissante from Q because they don't tell you what grade it is.  

However, years ago when I received my first piece, there were not any different grades.  They are just as white and sparkling today as they were 15+ years ago.

Some say moissanite has a greenish or yellowish tint to it.  None of mine do... at time of purchase or even all these years later.

Frequent Contributor

Also compare pricing with Helzberg Diamonds web page.  Sames pieces forever one moissanite prices are high.  I new i was getting the best deal at Evine, Kohl's and Overstock.  Just another tip on checking prices. 

Esteemed Contributor

All of mine is so old that I no longer know exactly where I ordered.

However I can see a difference in the weight of the settings.  JMO that the setting makes or breaks the piece.  Think how the lightweight QVC gold settings are a dealbreaker.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JTV has the biggest selection, I believe Evine carries it too.  It's a brand name product that is only made by a single company so it's all the same product.  They difference is only in the settings.  If you want it to pass as a diamond, look for a heavy gold setting.  You would want a true diamond setting.   18K or 14K but not silver or gold over silver.

Contributor

I have purchased Charles and Covard from Evine in the past and it had too much of a rainbow effect.  I know it is susposed to have more brilliance, but to me it looked more fake.  My real 3 carat diamond does not have a constant rainbow effect and it is a very good diamond.  I think the new stones from QVC look more like the real deal without the rainbow colors, any body else feel this way?

Honored Contributor

To echo @chrystaltree  JTV claims they grow & cut their own, their brand is Moissanite Fire.   Don't buy cold off the website, try to catch a show, the prices are better.

And do find a traditional setting in 14k,, unless you have a setting or a source locally.  If you do buy a stone in layered SS, you are basically just buying the stone, getting the setting for free   They are showing a 3 carat now for $579

@ellaphant