Valued Contributor

Where's Nancy Hornbeck, QVC's registered Gemologist?

I assumed Nancy would have a prominent shift today (Gem Day) since they really showcased her when she passed her GIA, but I have not seen her.  I would much rather listen to her than the new folks they have brought on.  Is she okay and why not on I wonder???

Honored Contributor

Re: Where's Nancy Hornbeck, QVC's registered Gemologist?

Nancy doesn't work as a gemmologist at QVC; she's employed as a host.  The gem thing was done simply because she was interested in them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I see Nancy on about 12-1am.... she does sell many items.  I have seen her talk very knowledgeably (sp?) about gems.....

Respected Contributor

She has never seemed confident in her delivery. Lots of unfinished sentences and restating because she didn't explain clearly the first time. It does not inspire me to buy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nancy is on a lot at night.   She is a wonderful host.  Maybe she has another job during the day.  I wish she was on more primetime.  

Honored Contributor

I saw Nancy on early AM too and their is something off with her. That being said, Miss Nancy does know her gems and I could tell she loved presenting them. I don't care whose idea it was for Nancy to become a gemologist, the Q should be using her as a resource.  I just don't get why they hired a Gem guy when they already had Nancy. IMO this new guy is not better than Nancy.

Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

She has never seemed confident in her delivery. Lots of unfinished sentences and restating because she didn't explain clearly the first time. It does not inspire me to buy. 

@SunValley

I agree.  She's been on now for years and still hasn't gotten comfortable as a host.  I'm almost embarrassed for her, especially since she now is a registered gemologist.

Trusted Contributor

She's on Qvc 2 during the day often. She does leave sentences mid air a lot.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree. She is a font of knowledge.

Respected Contributor

She was on late last night (early morning).