Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the gold items made?

[ Edited ]

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

Clearly most of the posters know a lot more about this subject than I do, but it seems to me that I see an awful lot of jewelry stamped "China," whether it is on the Q or elsewhere.  It's about to get a lot more expensive once the new tariffs kick in.

QVC seems to have quick, efficient and cheap way of getting goods from China.  All goods, be it jewelry to electronics to clothes.  It's like a pipe line.  Even stuff not made in China (such as India etc) first comes to China, then sent on to QVC.  They have their own factories there.  I don't know if they have employees of QVC or  elsewhere and make things in QVC factories.  I think 70-80% of all clothes are made in China in QVC factories. The tariff situation will make everything more expensive.  It's probably too expensive for QVC to yank out the factories in China.  So expect to pay lots more.  QVC seems to get gold not so much from China, but from Turkey and other middle east companies.  But you can't knock middle eastern gold.  It's pretty darn good.